Registry Cleaner not finding issues

stoolpigeon

It's rare that I do not find an issue when using CCleaner's Register Cleaner. But, for the past few days no issues are found. I'm checking it a lot too, because I've been messing with various drivers trying to trouble shoot a different issue - events that have always triggered registry waste. Is this normal?

I did upgrade my ram a few days back but I wouldn't think there was an issue there. 

Thanks.

• Moderators

If you're using Windows 10 which is constantly evolving it's just asking for trouble... ...eventually. Cleaning the registry does not improve performance whatsoever.

Here's Microsoft's take on registry cleaning:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

• Moderators

CCleaner's registry cleaner not finding anything to remove does not mean your system has an issue in of itself, it doesn't mean anything in actuality. It's not indicative of CCleaner having a bug in regards to registry cleaning either, it just means it didn't find anything it deemed as invalid to remove.

If you're trying to fix other system related issues it's probably best to completely avoid possible additional issues that registry cleaning in general can cause - this is with any registry cleaning tool. Reason being most registry cleaner's including the one in CCleaner never bother to actually fix anything whatsoever, whereas they have the potential of causing issues.

Registry cleaner's that don't fix anything remove what they deem to be non-existent invalid references, now rather they're invalid or not has to be first investigated before allowing them to clean which has always been my philosophy when using any registry cleaner and even then after investigation some of what they want to remove should always be avoided, i.e.; like references pointing to Microsoft .NET Framework (which is pre-installed on Windows), Microsoft Office (especially if it's installed), etc.