Error 5.52

Jose89

I have the same problem. Windows 10 pushed an update (KB4476976). After I installed it, CCleaner would prompt errors during start-up. I reinstalled, no improvement. I un-installed the update, no improvement. It was the same time I upgraded to Norton 360.

Now it will not install at all.

I own CCleaner Pro but received the same error message while troubleshooting and trying to install the free version.

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Speak45 said:

Still having the same problem. Tonight started my computer (Windows 10) in Safe Mode. I could load CCleaner 5.52 and run it in Safe Mode only. Once I reverted to normal mode, CCleaner gave an error message then shut down.

Capture2.JPG

What antimalware do you use

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Just for info. there are also reports of the latest Norton 360 update causing various problems with Malwarebytes too.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

15 hours ago, Nergal said:

What antimalware do you use

Thanks for your response, Nergal, et al. I'm using Norton 360, and the Pro versions of SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes. Online, I use Firefox and DuckDuckGo behind a VPN on a Windows 7 Professional home built confuser- er- computer. As I'm sure you know, CCleaner works in Safe Mode.

I spoke last week with the ever-young; the ever-lovely Mister Patel,  the Norton Tech Support guy from Mumbai. He opined that I'd be best served by uninstalling everything except Norton 360. I remonstrated with him to no avail. I might mention that the first Norton product that I used was Ghost and that was in 1985. The only time that I called for help, Dr. Peter Norton, himself, answered the phone. A few years after that, Symantec bought Peter Norton Computing. Now, the good Mister Patel is of the mind that my home-built belongs to him; not me, and that do do anything without his sanction is an affront that he finds difficult to tolerate. We'll both live through it, I suspect.

• Moderators

There is currently a known norton bug that the developers and norton are looking into.  More info

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com