CCleaner lag super-bug

MonarchX

What happened past CCleaner 5.43 that it now takes 4-6 seconds before I press the CLEAN button? I tried on 16 different rigs with different hardware, although all were running Windows 10 (from 14393 to 17763).  The company had to dump CCleaner like some spyware because of that lag/delay. It didn't matter which edition (free or pro) or whether CCEnhancer with trim was used. The startup lag was so annoying that CCleaner lost ALL value to the company employees (unanimous AGAINST vote). CCleaner was meant for a quick clean up, but instead we had to wait those 4-6 seconds of the app being unresponsive before the clean up could take place and often the cleanup itself would last up to 10 seconds. 

Version 5.43 loads in 0.5-1 second + cleans everything up (with or without trimmed CCEnhancer list) in another 0.5-1 seconds. All in all, everything is gone in 2 seconds tops. 

Version 5.51 loads in 4-6 seconds + cleans everything up (with or without trimmed CCEnhancer list) in another 4-10 seconds. All in all =  garbage. 

• Moderators

The slow loading has been noticed by people since there's some other topics about it.

As for the slow cleaning that's supposed to be the side-effect of how Microsoft changed Edge and Internet Explorer. So if you have Internet Explorer's History (perhaps Cookies too) check marked to be cleaned it takes roughly that 4-6 seconds you mention.

The only way around it is to disable the cleaning of Internet Explorer's History, then that delay should disappear, on the cleaning side of things. Also to periodically clean Internet Explorer's History just right-click upon it in CCleaner to clean it when you deem it necessary.

• Moderators

This is usually caused by a winapp2 file that is overly large.  You say you're testing it without one but i've, in all my years here, never seen a delay in that button not related to winapp2.  Do you maybe have a large include or exclude list?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

It's not always because of a big Winapp2.ini file though. For reference their Recuva software takes absolutely forever to load on Windows 10 to the point someone could compare the launch time to a huge program with tons of DLLs and dependencies, CCleaner loads ages before it.