Speccy - No updates since May 2018

T1125P

I was wondering when Speecy will be updated so we can have support for the new Ryzen CPU's? Ryzen Zen 2 will be coming in mid 2019,  would also like to know if that will be supported?

I am currently using HWiNFO64, and while I like it, I like Speccy more because of only one item showing in the system tray.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Close to 2 months no reply on this? Do any developers even keep tabs on Speccy anymore? To me it's dead. Epic fail on your part. HWiNFO64 is the best monitoring software out there. After a while I got used to HWiNFO64 and don't want or care anymore about Speccy. Close the thread. You all are no use at all.

• 4 months later...

I visited the forum to ask pretty much the same question as the original poster. I was wondering if an update to Speccy is imminent? Not that I have any hardware that the current version can't detect but I am curious if the Speccy project has been put on the back burner?

I have been using the FileHippo App Manager to regularly check for updates to the various software I have on my computer but for weeks now the App Manager hasn't worked, it never connects to the FileHippo server and just times out. So now I'm having to manually check software for updates (I found one for CCleaner today). But I am curious as to what the future holds for Speccy as well as Defraggler and Recuva as all three programs have not been updated for well over a year.

• Admin

@Robbie: Coming - yes. Imminent - no. Defraggler, Speccy, Recuva and CCleaner for Mac were all due for an update.  CCleaner Mac got one a month ago and is due another later this year for Catalina compatibility.  The increasing user base for Speccy was overloading the server, so that got a refresh earlier this month. To confirm, updates to the client software for Defraggler, Speccy and Recuva are certainly planned. No committed dates at this point in time, but we're aiming for later this year.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 1 month later...
Speccy doesnt recognise CPU's properly.
A 9700K is determined by Speccy to be a 7700.
Speccy has not been updated since v1.32.740 (21 May 2018) - so its totally unreliable vis new hardware.
It doesn't seem to even know that the 9th gen stuff exists let alone a 9700K.
There is no update scheduled. (its talked about but thats all)
Shame cause it used to be a decent utility.
I don't know if the paid version has the same problem and don't plan to gamble on a purchase to find out.
Just look at the BIOS for reliable data re cpu. (hold down DEL or F2 when booting)

• 4 months later...
On 02/09/2019 at 07:05, Dallas88B said:
Speccy doesnt recognise CPU's properly.
A 9700K is determined by Speccy to be a 7700.
Speccy has not been updated since v1.32.740 (21 May 2018) - so its totally unreliable vis new hardware.
It doesn't seem to even know that the 9th gen stuff exists let alone a 9700K.
There is no update scheduled. (its talked about but thats all)
Shame cause it used to be a decent utility.
I don't know if the paid version has the same problem and don't plan to gamble on a purchase to find out.
Just look at the BIOS for reliable data re cpu. (hold down DEL or F2 when booting)

I can confirm that using Speccy Professional Edition does NOT make any difference what so ever. I bought it for one reason and that was to check if that was the reason my temps for cpu and m.2 ssd's diddn't show.

I've also been in contact with them regarding this and this is the only reply i got:

"Thank you for your email, sorry you are having problems with your Speccy purchase.

First of all, I sincerely apologize for the delayed response as we've recently received a much higher than normal volume of support requests.

I have passed this information to our development team to look into, we hope to have this issue resolved with a future update to Speccy.

If you have any questions, please email me back.

Kind regards,"

So yeah, please give us an update so that we can actually use program properly!

• 4 months later...
  • Admin
1 hour ago, MatiasR said:

Pretty sad that this great small tool has been abandoned since May 2018...

Not really abandoned ...

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 20/07/2019 at 14:35, Dave CCleaner said:

...  The increasing user base for Speccy was overloading the server, so that got a refresh earlier this month. To confirm, updates to the client software for Defraggler, Speccy and Recuva are certainly planned. No committed dates at this point in time, but we're aiming for later this year...

Hi Dave CCleaner:

Any further news on the status of the pending update for Speccy v1.32.740 (rel. 21-May-2018) since your July 2019 reply?

The latest AskWoody PLUS Newsletter Issue 17.44.0 (09-Nov-2020) includes a review by Tracey Capen of popular system information tools like Belarc Advisor, Speccy, etc. Tracey noted a few glitches when they tested the current version of Speccy, including "Surprisingly, the SMART status section for my solid-state drive was marked as 'not supported'" and "Win10 Task Manager shows that my system's CPU virtualization is enabled; Speccy reports that it's not."

Other users have reported this same “S.M.A.R.T. not supported” message for newer SSD drives in ZloboMiR's Feb 2020 Speccy thread No SSD NVM Info even though the free CrystalDiskInfo utility (last updated 28-Sep-2020) correctly displays their S.M.A.R.T. attributes.  This includes my Toshiba NVMe SSD.  I'm not sure if business products like CCleaner Cloud do a better job analyzing newer SSDs and CPUs but a Speccy update seems long overdue.
-------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.1139 * Firefox 82.0.3 * Windows Defender v4.18.2010.7 * CrystalDiskInfo (Standard Edition) Portable v8.8.9 * Speccy Portable v1.32.740
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U@1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G 256 GB NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620