How do I Stop New Feature Pop-Up

PWT999

Pro version,  5.51.6939 - I am getting each & every time I start CCleaner a large pop-up telling me of it's new features, then a link to view these on the web (I've done that in desperation) - I don't really want or need this in the first place but to have it come up all the time is annoying to say the least. Why is there no 'Do Not Show Again' button - (or Never Show These Information Windows?) I've faffed with the pin thing at the top to no avail, I've rebooted & searched the program for an off button but not there. Piriform simply do not learn. I've just paid for 'Privacy Eraser Pro' as I don't get pop-ups with this nor privacy issues. This is a pay for program & I don't need pop-ups every time I use it. Is these a cure for this? Please? :o

PopUp.jpg

I've used CCleaner since day one when it was donation ware. I've now had enough of the program since Avast took it over. I have found a full & final solution to the recent issues & especially from the pop-ups. Totally sorted. I'm going to give the remainder of my licence to someone I 'Really' dislike, sad end to my use of CCleaner.

Paul

Remove.jpg

Does anyone have an answer for this?  It really is an annoyance that I don't need. Or is the only solution to remove CCleaner as PWT999 has done?

Update:- 

Problem seems to have been corrected----I am no longer getting the popup when I switch on my PC's.  Have checked four machines.

I think that there should be an option as to whether you get these notifications or not as PWT999 suggested in his original post.

Edited by RTL434
Problem no longer there.

I've also tried to replicate this on my laptop & I can, it does seem to be caused not by the program settings being changed but maybe the Avast cookie???. The problem occurs after some other cleaner has been run such as in my case maybe [competition software]. I don't think it's unreasonable to be able to run another cleaner & then get not just pop-ups but a large one at that. I have tried every permutation in updates to no avail, I I totally uninstalled the program including all registry entries. The thing is there is no real reason for this window in the first place? After trying again given up.

Edited by Nergal
voldemort

On 18/12/2018 at 10:31, RTL434 said:

Does anyone have an answer for this?  It really is an annoyance that I don't need. Or is the only solution to remove CCleaner as PWT999 has done?

Update:- 

Problem seems to have been corrected----I am no longer getting the popup when I switch on my PC's.  Have checked four machines.

I think that there should be an option as to whether you get these notifications or not as PWT999 suggested in his original post.

Can you tell me what you did as a resolution please?

10 hours ago, PWT999 said:

Can you tell me what you did as a resolution please?

Believe me PWT999, I would tell you if I knew as it was driving me nuts as well!!!  I had also put in a  Support Ticket but had only received the acknowledgement in return. I assumed when the problem seemed to clear, that they had done something at their end. I had previously like you tried various settings and unpinned the popup etc.  The current situation is that I only have a "slight issue" now on Desktop A---my main PC.  I have Desktop A (Win10Pro), LaptopB (Win10Home), Desktop C (Win10 Pro) and Desktop D (Win10 Home).  All are at the same version--1809 Build 17763.194.  I only run Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium and CCleaner Pro.

Desktop A this morning at power up displayed the popup and I didn't touch anything. It slowly faded before finally disappearing after about 10 seconds.  Firing up CCleaner did not bring it back. Neither did a power down and a power up. Don't know if that'll happen tomorrow but will be going out shortly so will try powering it up later. Not much time at the moment.  Took snapshots of what settings I have and also what cookies I keep.   I remember removing the Avast one previously --but that was before I realised Piriform had been taken over. It is on two of them. Attaching snapshots in a zip file. Hope you can access it--if not I'll post them individually.

Screenshots.zip

Edited by RTL434
Bad spelling.

2 hours ago, axelf04 said:

Maybe this popup is created with avast cookie

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/51327-version-541-adds-various-cookies-for-avast/

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52098-intrusive-ccleaner-pop-up/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for that! -  I did wonder about the cookie, as the reason I bought CCleaner was to remove cookies it''s very odd! - Block Piriform in the Firewall, problem solved fully. BTW I do not require any notifications ever, it's the Pro version for what possible reason should I need info?. Might let the program look at the internet occasionally but blocked most of the time.

Paul 

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hey guys,

The message you describe has a cap and should not be displayed again once you've seen it.

However, if you do not permit cookies from our parent company, Avast, we are unable to detect if you have been shown the message before or not.

This post summarises how this works:

To avoid these messages from being shown perpetually, either reset the Cookies to Keep list, or add the following entry to the Cookies to Keep list: "*.avast.com"

Stephen,

1.  cookies for Avast are on the "to keep" list

2.  From the first instance, I clicked on "read More" and read the details

3.  still getting these pop-ups

you said "The message you describe has a cap." However, you did not say what the cap is?  So for example, after 4 times of popping up, we will never see that message again?  So what is the cap? 

Stephen - With full respect to you, I do think that CCleaner has lost it's way & the developers have forgotten why CCleaner has had billions of downloads over the years, I used it from the very beginning. I am never keeping cookies on CCleaner PRO so Avast can send me info I do not want, & or limit the frequency of these, no offence to you. At the moment the firewall block is stopping pop-ups but if or when Avast circumvents users from using the firewall to give privacy and to solve an issue that should never have been there on CCleaner PRO for one will leave permanently. Best wishes  Paul