fail to install CCleaner pro V5.51.6939

Bernard74

• Moderators

This warning is usually accompanied by ccleaner still running.  Make sure ccleaner is fully exited including smart clean monitoring.  Check task manager for ccleaner.exe or ccleaner64.exe. Kill those instances then manully delete the file c:\program files\ccleaner\ccleaner.exe (or the file listed in the error message).  Finally click retry(recommencer in the screen shot).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

I have carried out all the steps you suggested, and I now have CCleaner.exe as well as CCleaner64.exe in the CCleaner Programme folder, see attachment. On checking it appears that theCCleaner software is now a 32bit programme, which seems wrong on a 64bit comptuer. Please advise.   Thank you

CCleaner.PNG

• Moderators

You are showing both CCleaner.exe (32-bit) and CCleaner64.exe (64-bit) there. (You can't see the '.exe' part because of your settings).
That is normal, the installer puts both there.

Your desktop icon/shortcut will/may point to the 32-bit .exe but it's not a problem, when it starts it will recognise you have a 64-bit system and launch the 64-bit .exe instead.

(If you want to then you could change what the shortcut points to by right clicking on the desktop icon and selecting 'Properties').

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, JimHockey said:

I deleted CCleaner Pro because it wouldn't install properly.  Now I have tried CCtrialSetup and that won't install either.  I have the latest version of Windows 10.  

I've paid for Pro and I can't use it.  What do I need to do? UGH    

Do you have norton 360 for your antivirus?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com