Latest 5.50.6911 (64bit) Pro version

Pcpete

I did a clean-up of all the temp files and some windows log files which it seems to have done OK, but at the end of the clean the program closes.

This leaves one thinking "did it clean it or not" as there is no confirmation of the cleaner being run.

Surely it has to say what has been removed and then one cam acknowledge it and do something else, is this a bug again?

Well many thanks for this reply, I am astonished at having an option like that ticked as default, surely it should be off and allow a User to tick it if required.

I was thinking I had a infection that was playing up my cleaner, now all I need is to stop Cleaner asking for permission every time I start the machine, this comes from the UAC in Windows.

Anyway one is good for the time being.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Pcpete said:

now all I need is to stop Cleaner asking for permission every time I start the machine, this comes from the UAC in Windows.

1. Open CCleaner, and then go into 'Options > Advanced' and tick/enable the box: Skip User Account Control warning
2. Then close CCleaner, and open it again. This time around if all went well you shouldn't get a UAC prompt from Windows.
Note: If it didn't work right click the CCleaner icon and select 'Run as Administrator' and then repeat steps 1 and 2 again.

Your mileage may vary however, some people tick/enable that in CCleaner but in some instances they still get the UAC prompt.