Cannot stop automatic launch at startup

Ughh

There's an option to disable automatic launch at startup. It does nothing. 

Let me rephrase that. I feel that you are goading me with a fake option to prevent automatic launch at startup. Why is it even there if it does absolutely nothing??

1 minute ago, Ughh said:

There's an option to disable automatic launch at startup. It does nothing. 

Let me rephrase that. I feel that you are goading me with a fake option to prevent automatic launch at startup. Why is it even there if it does absolutely nothing??

"We're not going to respect his desire to not have a million things chewing up resources on his computer! But let's keep the option in the settings so he has to restart a dozen times before he realizes it while we laugh at him! Buahaha what a peasant!"

• Moderators

I believe that you are looking at the wrong thing.

Run at startup runs a clean at startup.

If you have monitoring turned on that will also start at startup, but only run in the background until you reach the level of junk that you have set, at which time it pops up and asks if you want to run a clean.

Both options have their own on/off so stopping one doesn't stop the other.
You have to turn them off seperately if you don't want them.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 years later...

I'm suffering the same problem!

Yes, I know I can use ms-settings:startupapps and disable it "on above-level" from there, but I'm annoyed by the fact that I have to do it like this. It feels like modern software should have the ability for an in-app method of toggling auto-start-with-Windows on or off. Of course, everything under "Smart cleaning" is unchecked, but CCleaner still starts with Windoze. I'm running the latest version (v5.76.8269) of the CCleaner software.

Ideas?

• Moderators

This thread is over 2 years old and so is well out of date.

You are missundertanding how the settings work now in CCleaner.

You can change the settings in CCleaner itself - but it's now 2 settings that you have to disable, because there is now a new function that can run in the background.

You will also get a CCleaner icon in your system tray if you have "Keep CCleaner updated automatically" selected in Options>Updates.

That's a new feature that was only recently introduced to CCleaner Free. (And it was also changed in CCleaner Pro).

If you don't want to see a CCleaner icon in the system tray then you have to have both automatic updating and Smart Cleaning turned off.

PS. "Launch the CCleaner app each time the computer starts" has nothing to do with this.
That simpy runs a clean in the background on start and then closes itself.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043