Cannot Update to 5.5 (Free)

MJC

I seem to recall having this problem with a previous update. All goes well until the installation halts and the (see screenshot) 'Cannot find.....CC64exe' message appears. Clicking 'Ignore' has no effect. 'Abort' works but 'ignore' appears to let the installation continue but, on checking, I still have the previous version. Last time I got round the problem by deleting the previous version then installing CCleaner from scratch> Is there a quicker work-round? I love CCleaner and have used it for years but I hope this bug can be ironed out.

CC.jpg

• Moderators

Manually delete the file ccleaner64.exe and press retry.  Make sure ccleaner isn't running including monitoring in the system tray.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hi Nergal. Many thanks. I shall check the system tray / try deleting that file next time. This time I uninstalled the old version than installed the new. As far as I can recall CC was not running; I always shut it down once I have selected the download link. I  have only experienced this problem when updating to this and the previous versions. Thanks.