Speccy shows empty PCI slots "in use"?

Dan Magoo

My son's PC has a mobo with 3 PCI slots -- one x16, the other two x1, model Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H. Only the x16 slot is filled, with a GTX 1060 graphics card, but when I run Speccy it shows all 3 slots "in use". Reason? Could the 1060 be using all the lanes, even though just one slot? (sorry, don't really understand lanes -- just guessing!). Will we be able to use one of the empty x1 slots or not?  Or is this a known Speccy issue?  Thanks!

Edited by Dan Magoo
typo

hello dan magoo,

normally you could use one of the x1 slots -> on the manual at the mobo-pic it seems there is enough space to use both but perhaps your graphic card can take more place and blocked the above 1x slot

https://www.gigabyte.com/de/Motherboard/GA-H110M-S2H-rev-10#support-manual

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Thanks for the reply.  Physically I have no doubt there is room to use at least one of the x1 slots, but I have not put anything in them yet.  I'm just puzzled by Speccy saying these slots are already "in use" when they are empty.  (And I'm wondering whether "in use" means their resources are tied-up, even though the slots have nothing in them -- but that's just a guess.)   I'm getting the idea it is not a common issue, as I'm not finding anything to explain it so far.  Thanks again.

i cant tell you about a speccy issue like this - sorry :( - perhaps another user in the forum with an similar mobo...

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"