What do you call it [USB drives]?

Hamish+

here in the UK I know loads of people that call them memory sticks, some of them even consider themselfs "good with computers"

Regardless of what people call it, if you know what they mean then that is all that matters.

Besides it is the manfacturers that can't seem to make their minds up.

See here.

You will notice one on there is called a memory stick.

Bug - perhaps a reference to the size and appearance of some USB drives Chip stick Data key Data stick Disk on key Dongle - regarded by some as an inaccurate use of this word Finger drive Flash disk Flash drive Flash memory drive Geek stick - used by Geek Squad agents to refer to the special-use, branded USB flash drives with special diagnostic tools pre-loaded onto them. Gigachip Jump stick Key Keychain drive Keydrive Keyfob - widely used in the Seattle area Magic key Magic Stick - common in some Ohio towns Memory drive Memory key Memory stick Micro hard drive Mobile drive Nerd bling Nerd necklace - used when worn around the neck Nerd stick - uncommon term Pen - used in much of Portugal Pen drive Pocket drive Stick Thumb drive Thumb key Travel stick USB drive USB key USB Pen USB Stick USB - sometimes used as a shorthand USB zip drive - sometimes used, not often  

EDIT: JUMP DRIVE for the noob!

NERD BLING...definitely gonna be how I refer to it from now on...anyone who's ever been to my school would understand, the entire math and computers faculty wears them around their neck like a gold chain...I think they even started giving them out during Frosh week to help the newbies get acclimated