CCleaner won't follow what it is told to do--not to run on boot

pintree3

Strange! Only an older version of CCleaner had an issue that prevented disabling "Smart Cleaning".

Are the checkboxes under "Smart Cleaning" still unticked?

You could check if there is a startup entry for CCleaner under "Tools" > "Startup" > "Windows" and disable/delete it.

The main check box is still unticked

and under Startup> Windows it was and is disabled (As to deleting it, should I, really)?

However, under Smart Cleaning the checkbox was checked again--it wasn't me. I'll see if it happens again and update you guys on it should it check itself again.

• Moderators

Edit:
First make sure you right-click the CCleaner desktop icon and select: Run as administrator
Then make those settings changes and see if they properly take. If they don't:

If it still insists on loading even though you've disabled it you may need to do a clean install of CCleaner because the settings for it could be corrupt:
1. Make a note, or take screenshots of how you have CCleaner configured.
2. Uninstall CCleaner.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Then install CCleaner.
Note: You'll have to re-configure CCleaner from scratch again.

I guess it is good to try because yes, although I uncheck 'Smart Cleaning' it seems to recheck itself

I will uninstall and reinstall CCleaner but do note however, that it is actually a fresh install I am using; not only was CC just installed but it was installed right after a fresh install of Windows 10 as well--both less than 2 weeks