CC not installing

works fine on my other computer but when i get on this one and try to install it, it gets up to the box to select icons and such then i press next and it flashes the installation screen with the green bars for just a second. i look and nothings installed anywhere.

• Moderators

* Make sure the installer isn't named ccleaner.exe, if it is rename it to something else like: ccsetup129.exe

* Make sure you already have installed the Microsoft VB Runtime Files, if they are already installed they may be messed up and may need to be reinstalled.

* Exit running programs that may interfere.

• Moderators

I don't know why it doesn't work like that other than you can't have the setup file named the same as the main .exe file in the setup file. Funny thing is I remember a long time ago when I started using WinZip Self Extractor it would warn about naming a setup file setup.exe if setup.exe already existed in the .zip file. Of course an easy solution would be for Mr.G to add a comment on the download page about not naming/re-naming the installer ccleaner.exe to avoid this constant reaccuring problem.

Of course an easy solution would be for Mr.G to add a comment on the download page about not naming/re-naming the installer ccleaner.exe to avoid this constant reaccuring problem.

Really? I've never heard of this problem before. Why are people renaming it in the first place? <_<

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Really? I've never heard of this problem before. Why are people renaming it in the first place? <_<

Don't know why it's a problem, however I would image people are renaming the setup file so that they know exactly what it's for. I however keep my downloads very nicely organized such as downloading CCleaner v1.29.295 into: D:\Setups\CCleaner v1.29.295

I do know after using some other peoples computers that they have a jumbled mess and download everything .zip, .exe, .mp3, etc., into one download folder with zero organization - it would drive me crazy.

i download stuff into 1 folder and rename everything so i can find it easily. its about 1gb so i just put it on my flash drive.