completely uninstall windows media player

TheFiresInTheSky

i looked in the add/remove part of the control panel and its not there to remove it. i delete the contents in the folder and they just reappear. im trying to delete it so i can put music on my MP3 player and it works fine just dragging them but you cant do that if you have WMP installed :angry:

• Moderators

. im trying to delete it so i can put music on my MP3 player and it works fine just dragging them but you cant do that if you have WMP installed :angry:

I have WMP and I drag and drop (or copy) music files onto my mp3 player without a problem. I just do them from the "My music" folder in my documents onto the mp3 player.

Or do you have it set up differently?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Microsoft dont want you to uninstall their precious software. :)

Dont delete folders manually, as that can cause problems...

Every version of WMP which came after 6.4 sucks...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I have WMP and I drag and drop (or copy) music files onto my mp3 player without a problem. I just do them from the "My music" folder in my documents onto the mp3 player.

Or do you have it set up differently?

WMP stops it from showing up under my computer

Have you tried to uninstall it with CCleaner? Tools -> scroll down to Windows Media Player and select it, then click on 'Run Uninstaller' (not 'Delete Entry').

its not in there to uninstall :angry:

• Moderators

Have a look at this page neighberarron, it has a few questions and answers on it, the main one being that you cannot uninstall!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...stallation.mspx

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

thats really weird. liars! what im wondoring then is how the hell did i get it uninstalled and whipped out of this computer?

EDIT: seems its a windows upgrade that happened. before you could just uninstall WMP and your MP3 player would show up under my computer. any way i can still make that happen?

• Moderators

It still should show up.

I have a 5gb rio carbon and it shows up as a portable hard drive and I can just drag my files to it. But I dont do it that way because I cant make playlists and stuff if I do it that way.

What kind of mp3 player do you have?

I have a Samsung YP-MT6 and have no problem with the drag & drop.

EDIT: Consider assigning the player a fixed drive letter and/or mapping it to a mounted desktop folder so it always shows up in the same place.

it shows up when its plugged in but i uninstalled WMP. theres no way that i would use WMP since its soo confusing and its crap. all i want is drag and drop.

PS-i called samsung but he said "im only qualified to work with the WMP portion" there was nobody that he could transfer me to. :angry::angry::angry:

• Moderators

Now I'm confused..

Does the player show up in the my computer screen when its plugged in? If it does then you just drag the files to it from there. If it dosent show up there then your going to have to use whatever software the player requires.

And WMP isnt that bad.. All you have to do is plug in the player and then press the sync button. You then just drag your files from wherever they are to the player.

If you just refuse to use WMP then you can try itunes(long shot but my rio will sync with it for some reason). Also Winamp will sync with some players as well, but it works the exact same way as WMP and Winamp is pretty crappy now.

forgot to add that i USED TO be able to do that a while back. i then reinstalled windows on both and idk if that made a difference or not.

• Moderators

It may be the driver or software that's causing it or preventing it.

Off-topic, however it may shed some light:

Older Kodak digital cameras could have pictures copied from them using Windows Explorer to the hard disk because they could be used by using a generic Windows driver. However with newer versions and/or drivers trying that will completely crash the computer with a BSOD because they now require using the Kodak software to do the transfer.

i looked in the add/remove part of the control panel and its not there to remove it. i delete the contents in the folder and they just reappear. im trying to delete it so i can put music on my MP3 player and it works fine just dragging them but you cant do that if you have WMP installed :angry:

I may not understand all you are wanting to do, but if you are trying to uninstall WMP I found instructions here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...stallation.mspx

It says there the following:

Q. How do I uninstall the Player?

A.

Windows Media Player is a feature of the Windows operating system and cannot be removed entirely. However, depending upon which version of the Player and Windows that you are using, you might be able to roll back to the version of the Player that was previously on your computer. The procedure varies depending upon which version of the Player you are running.

Windows Media Player 10

If you have installed Windows Media Player 10, you can roll back to the version of the Player that was on your computer before installation by doing the following:

1. In Category View of Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs.

2. Click Remove a program, and then do one of the following:

? If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, at the top of the list, select the Show updates check box, in the Windows Updates section, click Windows Media Player 10, and then click Change/Remove.

? If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 1 or earlier, click Windows Media Player 10, and then click Change/Remove.

You can also use System Restore to roll back to the previous version of the Player. For more information about System Restore, see Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur.

I don't know if this will help you or not.

Have a good day,

Normandie

P.S. If this is not what you were looking for please disreguard this post.