your program is great

MILES

When I cleaned the issues area, a backup was made for me. So I went ahead and cleaned the application area and no backup was offered. Is there a spot where the application cleaning and file deletion can be found in case there is something that should not have been removed from my application area?

Thank youy,

Miles

No, Application cleaning does not offer or make a backup. The reason is probably due the great volume of data that may be removed, especially when running CCleaner for the first time.

There are some forum users who say that you don't want to keep anything that CCleaner removes; I disagree. If you have dozens or even hundreds of cookies with login information, you probably want to keep them. So it is important that you configure the cookies you want to keep before you allow CCleaner to remove all cookies.

The best and safest way of computing is to regularly take a full backup of your entire system, so if you lose anything that you actually wanted to keep, you can always get it back from the backup. I take a backup about once in a month, and this has saved my a** a number of times. :)

The best and safest way of computing is to regularly take a full backup of your entire system, so if you lose anything that you actually wanted to keep, you can always get it back from the backup. I take a backup about once in a month, and this has saved my a** a number of times. :)

Great advise. Backups are sooo important. If you need some suggestions on backup software let us know. But CCleaner is safe to use for cleaning your apps. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Microsoft Backup:

Already built into Windows. However it uses a proprietary format, and if Microsoft Backup stops working (it has on me before) you can't restore your backup which is why I don't rely upon it anymore.

WinRAR:

Has the ability to create and save profiles as well as create a shortcut to the profiles for quick and easy backups in the RAR or ZIP archive formats. You can use it to add single files or whole directories. I now create all my backups with the RAR archive format via the profiles I mentioned.

Microsoft SyncToy:

Helps you copy, move, rename, and delete files between folders and computers quickly and easily.