Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums
Eddy Bryon

[SOLUTION] Cannot update to v5.48 (CCleaner Pro)

Recommended Posts

I am currently running 5.47.6716 and when I start CC I am prompted to download a new version 5.48.... When I elect to download and install the new version all that happens is that the download occurs and then nothing else. The newly downloaded version does not execute unlike every previous version I have been prompted to download in the same manner.

What gives????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rherber1 said:

I am currently running 5.47.6716 and when I start CC I am prompted to download a new version 5.48.... When I elect to download and install the new version all that happens is that the download occurs and then nothing else. The newly downloaded version does not execute unlike every previous version I have been prompted to download in the same manner.

What gives????

I've moved this into this thread. Please see my comment above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using the free or the Pro version?

If it's the free version try downloading from here

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

If it's the Pro version see here

https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018683371

If you are still having problems what security software and operating system are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi:

I'm having the same problem. I have downloaded from the link suggested and although it seems to work, in the end nothing happens.

I am running McAfee. I have closed it and tried to install, but the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Extremophile said:

I am stuck at 5.24.5841

Can't update at all. I have uninstalled and tried again.  Still won't update.

Are you using the free or the Pro version ?

What operating system are you using?

What security solutions do you use?

Try uninstalling CCleaner, rebooting, and then installing the slim build from here?

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the pro link provided in this thread and followed instructions and after all that I still on v5.36.6278

I using Win10 64 bit

How can I get the  5.48 version  please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pl2300 said:

I downloaded the pro link provided in this thread and followed instructions and after all that I still on v5.36.6278

I using Win10 64 bit

How can I get the  5.48 version  please?

Try this

On 10/28/2018 at 23:33, hazelnut said:

Try uninstalling CCleaner, rebooting, and then installing the slim build from here?

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having the same problem, received email of notice that credit card had been charged and confirmation of purchase. Download occurs but doesn't work. I'm still getting the right lower window popup telling me that the cleaner account expires 14 Nov.????? I've tried to redownload, same results, doesn't work. Received email notice of  two license keys now found for my email address. This is frustrating as what ever! I tried their support and all it does is direct you back to the purchase page to download, again, with a new purchase. I'm not paying for this trouble twice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 13:03, Eagleizer said:

As title says... 

 

Cheers :)

@Stephen Piriform

 

When merging posts, maybe make sure the essentials are in there? 

My message was not about the title of this thread, but the thread I

made myself. Obviously the title was different and so were the problem. 

However, the solution is good enough for me, or maybe the download

page was just fix3d... 

 

Cheers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now, having got it to update OK previously (after the certificate issue) now it won't update again from V5.49.6856 to the latest version. 

I'm running Win 10 64b and of course have recently had the latest MS update ;-)

Please sort this out.

 

Post note:  I have now managed a manual download and install and it seems to have worked OK.  Why do I pay for an automatic download and install service??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another frustrated customer.  I've used CCleaner for years, updating regularly without issues.  Currently 

on version 5.57 (free) on Win 10 (64-bit) with the most recent MS-pushed updates.  When attempting to

upgrade to CCleaner 5.58, the files download fine, when attempting execution get a white screen, nothing

happens.  I've tried the solutions offered in the prior threads, with the latest official release (5.58.7209).

What else to try? NEVER had anything other than straightforward updates before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fourier_KC said:

Another frustrated customer.  I've used CCleaner for years, updating regularly without issues.  Currently 

on version 5.57 (free) on Win 10 (64-bit) with the most recent MS-pushed updates.  When attempting to

upgrade to CCleaner 5.58, the files download fine, when attempting execution get a white screen, nothing

happens.  I've tried the solutions offered in the prior threads, with the latest official release (5.58.7209).

What else to try? NEVER had anything other than straightforward updates before.

What antivirus do you use?  Have you tried the slim version? https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds

What build win10? Latest push doesn't really mean anything, my computer has it's latest push as of thursday and is still 1803.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some users have reported problems installing software (not just CCleaner) after a Windows update thanks to Windows deciding that you don't want to install anything that you haven't purchased from the Windows store.

To check if this has happened to you, go into the "Apps & Features" settings for Windows 10 (just start typing "Apps" in the Windows search bar) and if the "Installing Apps" option says "Allow Apps from the Store only" change it to one of the other two options to let yourself install software acquired from other places.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×