[SOLUTION] Kaspersky silently blocking CCleaner Free install

Joseph29

I am trying to install the latest version of CCleaner (v5.48.6834). At first I tried to download over the previous version but that didn't work, then I tried to un-install the version I had and install the new version but that didn't work either. When I click on the exe file it will start to install but stop at about 90% and quit.

PS: I am using the free version

It's not working correctly with this version. It appears to download the update, but never goes into the install phase. I just go the the ccleaner site and download the free version from the site and it updates my pro version. I assume that they will have this fixed in the next version. One more thing. Make sure when it is ready to install that you uncheck the Avast Virus Scan install if you already have another antivirus program. Otherwise you will end up installing it and having to uninstall it.

Edited by TH1953
Combined two posts into one.

TTH1953, I never had the Pro version. I have always used the free version.

Is there a place where I can download the previous version? I un-installed the old version (5.47.6716) but since the new version is not working I don't have CCleaner now.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, janek448 said:

Same problem.  I have CC Pro (64bit) paid version.. Downloads the update but nothing happens , i.e. doesn't install. Everytime I hit check for updates it downloads v. 5.48.6834 but nothing goes beyond that.

See here

https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018683371

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Guest Stephen CCleaner
5 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Ok I figured out what my problem was. My Kaspersky virus protection was blocking the program. I usually get a warning when something is getting blocked, but no warnings this time.

Thanks for the update Joseph29.

Would you mind explaining what you did in Kaspersky to get this working? It might help others in the same situation.

19 hours ago, Stephen Piriform said:

Thanks for the update Joseph29.

Would you mind explaining what you did in Kaspersky to get this working? It might help others in the same situation.

I just turned off Kaspersky, then installed CCleaner. After CCleaner was installed I turned back on Kaspersky. Or you can go to the Manage Applications settings and add CCleaner to the trusted list.