Download Error: Cannot access the specified device path or file

Hi , i am not a newbie nor am i a guru.

These things to try will not harm your computer. Have you downloaded the latest versions before ?  I am taking for granted that you have.

Have you tried logging into your browser as an administrator ? ( If you are the administrator of your computer ) i don't know your operating system , but have you run all of your " clean " programs such as your Anti-Virus , Malware , Adware , Spyware , etc. ?

Did you manually download MSN updates if you have Windows 10 because there was a huge issue of problems. if you have auto-updates set to let Windows update automatically then it's not that.

Have you recently downloaded updates on all the programs you have ? Please remember these are just things i check when something starts running differently then it did a minute ago or hours earlier or from the previous day ?

Today i started my pc and found it running very slow. I went into my programs ( in the Control Panel ) and found Avast Anti-Virus in my programs. i did not download it , so it came in with some other program or a new version to a program i have and i deleted it and also deleted it from my registry and my pc started running normal again. Again , these might mean nothing to your issue because i am not a wizard on solving computer issues , but i do just fine with what i know.

I see no one else has yet to suggest things to do , but there are experts that can tell you immediately what to do. I just gave you things to try that will not harm your computer , but always remember that any changes you make to your registry by mistake or just to try and fix issues to see if they work can bring massive problems where you will need an expert to fix it as it can very easily shut you down.

Hope i helped you a little and best of luck. i am sure others will send in their answers and it's very possible what i told you might mean nothing. just tring to help you. Don Barajas   : - )

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Finaldragon1977 said:

im trying to download the new update version and keep popping up a message saying windows cant not access the specfield device path or file you may not have the appropriate permission to access this file 

that's the message i keep getting

This may help

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/50915-unable-to-run-ccleaner-after-initial-install/?tab=comments#comment-291941

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

ok now i try using my troubleshooting compability and this is what it say to me incompatible applaction and saying detected and has a yellow trinagle icon next to detected

Program Compatibility
Publisher details
Issues found
Incompatible Application
ccsetup548 is incompatible.
Detected
Fix application ccsetup548
Completed
Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Application
Detected
Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible application.
CompatMode
CompatMode

UserVerifySolution
User Verification of Solution
Verify_NO
Program Compatibility
Publisher details
Issues found
Incompatible Application
Detected
Completed
Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Application
Detected
Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible application.
CompatMode
CompatMode

UserVerifySolution
User Verification of Solution
Verify_NO