Problem to uninstall a program

ferco

Hi,
I have a problem to uninstall a program that is installed in my computer (for sure), but it’s not listed neither in “Apps and Features” nor in any of these programs:
Ccleaner, Geek, Revo and Uninstall view.
I need to uninstall it to install a new version. I already tried to install the new version, thinking it would upgrade but I got both versions installed.
I have Windows 10 pro installed.
The program I want to uninstall is:
Video Download Capture, from Apowersoft.
I already contacted them but their support is awful.
Any idea how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, ferco said:

I have a problem to uninstall a program that is installed in my computer (for sure), but it’s not listed neither in “Apps and Features” nor in any of these programs:
Ccleaner, Geek, Revo and Uninstall view.

This may sound basic but if it's not showing anywhere then how are you knowing (for sure) that it is still installed?

Can you run it?

Did you try the 'Forced Uninstall' in revo? (Pro or Pro-trial versions).

Often when something has not uninstalled properly it will leave traces behind  so may show as installed even when it's not.

The 'Forced Uninstall' uses a logfile from Revo's database to clear up these old traces.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I can run it and I can see it in the folder Program Files (x86).
Actually I tried Revo but I don’t have the Pro version. As in the normal version it’s not listed I wonder if in the other version it will be. This is the main problem: I can’t see it anywhere to uninstall it.

• Moderators

If you haven't already had the 30 day trial of revo pro on that nachine then it may be worth downloading and installing that  to try the 'force' uninstall by putting in the exact version number you want to uninstall.

I think you can run the trial alongside revo free version?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Where that program is installed open its own folder in the Program Files folder and look for an uninstall.exe, unins000.exe, etc., *.exe file, if you find one you can double click it to initiate the uninstall. Also in Win10 you should be able to right-click that program link in the Start Menu and select Uninstall.

It might just be a standalone or portable program, they commonly have no means of uninstalling and you just delete them to get rid of them -- but before just outright deleting it (the improper way of uninstalling) see if that program has a forum where you can ask other users that might know.

Hi Andavari,
I would like to thank you very much for your help, that was really precious.
I first tried the right click but it went directly to the list of programs and… it was not listed once more.
I finally tried the second option and it was a piece of cake.
I’ve been trying to solve this problem since more than a month and I only could do it with your help.
Thanks a lot once more.