Allow selective cleaning of cookies

kosimek

I used Ccleaner to locate Flash cookies.  I selected Adobe Flash, analyzed and looked at the results.

Since it was possible to highlight individual cookies, I did so and then clicked Run cleaner.  To my dismay, ALL cookies were deleted, not just those that I selected, causing me to have to reenter username login information for many websites.

Why is this not an option and why is there no indication what cookies I am looking at (regular or Flash) when I also select Cookies for the different browsers.  Seems like basic functionality to me.

Is there a way to selectively delete Flash cookies?  Regular cookies I can delete individually in Firefox already.

Thanks

• Moderators

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

@Nergal, perhaps some miscommunication.  I know how to selectively delete regular cookies.  My question concerns how to "selectively" remove Flash cookies.

The link on your suggested answer page to Flash cookies is here https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-settings/cleaning-flash-cookies and there is nothing there to help in this respect. 

In fact, it seems to suggest, exactly as I experienced, that there is no option to do what I am after.  It seems to remove either all or none.

• Moderators

Flash cookies are on the to keep section too. If you highlight one in the cookies on pc column you'll see a flash icon.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Again, not much help in answering my question.

Just to repeat, my question concerns how to be able to "selectively" (or "individually" if that makes it clearer) remove Flash cookies that Ccleaner finds, instead of having ALL of them removed.  Selecting and right-clicking the Flash cookie does not provide an option to delete just that cookie.

That is the only question to which I need an answer.

Thx

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kosimek said:

Just to repeat, my question concerns how to be able to "selectively" (or "individually" if that makes it clearer) remove Flash cookies that Ccleaner finds, instead of having ALL of them removed.  Selecting and right-clicking the Flash cookie does not provide an option to delete just that cookie.

I can right click the flash cookie and delete individually in the cookies option.  Though not sure why you'd want to instead of just moving the flash cookies you want to keep to the right hand side of the options and have your normal cleaning routine take care of the others. (note the "local" cookie I use in the example refuses to go away but it was the only flash cookie I had.) 

Capture.thumb.PNG.e77ef5f3b023e02b74d52eb2c6800b61.PNG 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, kosimek said:

Ahhh, that picture was worth a thousand words. 

I used Cleaner, Applications and ticked off Adobe Flash Player to get a list of the Flash related cookies.

Will use Options instead.  Thanks for that!

Your way is the way to clean all flash cookies other than the ones you've moved to cookies to keep.  This is the prefered way, but hey if you want to delete individually as opposed to keeping individually it's yer party.

Though the ones you don't move to keep, that you didn't want to delete will be deleted if you have a check in applications/Adobe Flash Player, so again move the ones you don't want deleted to the keep column.

Edited by Nergal