CCleaner Community Forums
Chronage

Unable to install latest update

I attempted to install the latest update "ccsetup547", but when it gets to the point of extracting the .exe file it fails and I have to abort the installation.

My operating system is Windows 10.

Does it tell you that it's unable to overwrite ccleaner64.exe? And gives you the option to ignore, retry or cancel?

I have the same issue. Running the installer shows the extracting part and then nothing, no errors. 

I turned off Kaspersky Internet Security. Installer runs just fine... I think Kaspersky does not like the new optional bundled software... see capture.

I tried turning off some individual settings in Kaspersky (Installation Assistant), but no luck so far.

Capture.JPG

Hi - I am also having the same issue with installing new version(s) of CCleaner. I get the option to ignore, retry or cancel. I also get the message saying:

Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe

Any one else getting the same issue? Any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Parimal Jani.

40 minutes ago, PARIMAL JANI said:

Hi - I am also having the same issue with installing new version(s) of CCleaner. I get the option to ignore, retry or cancel. I also get the message saying:

Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe

Any one else getting the same issue? Any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Parimal Jani.

Make sure ccleaner is not running in the background (such as monitoring) .  If it's not running manually delete ccleaner64.exe from the folder (send it to the recycle bin).  Then run the installer again.