CCleaner Community Forums
AJToff

Run program after CC has finished cleaning?

Hi,

I always run CCleaner before I run an AV Scan... just to reduce the amount of stuff the AV scanners has to trawl through.

I was thinking it would be great if CCleaner could run another program on finishing a clean?

Can this be done through the GUI?  It doesn't seem so, but I thought I'd check here.

Thanks in advance
Al

PS: I know CCleaner can perform a silent scan and close using a CLI command, which could be incorporated into a batch script that waits for CCleaner to close before running the AV software scan command...   but I'll do it in the GUI if possible :o)

I used to do similar, run CClean then do a quick defrag with Defraggler , just saved a bit of time to have "one thing" to click, then I could leave it to its own devices.

When they fix the ability to use the switch /AUTO in CCleaner again you can accomplish automating your cleaning and virus scanning via a batch file. Perhaps use the Windows Task Scheduler to have CCleaner clean, then in your antivirus use its own built in scheduler to start scanning a few minutes after CCleaner has finished. Some antivirus products have a feature to run a program before they start scanning, obviously they were thinking of a cleaning program such as CCleaner, etc., that can accept arguments such as: CCleaner.exe /AUTO

Thanks for your informative replies :)

Hazelnut - I take your point but many applications that perform a scan / sweep include the ability to perform an action upon completion.  In my humble opinion, it would be a useful addition to the GUI.

Thanks for your heads-up on the /AUTO bug Andavari - you've saved me some head scratching!

Al