Piriform selling email addresses to 3rd parties

mattstu

I have just noticed I have got two spam emails one from tabletpcreview and another from some other random company.

The funny thing is I have only ever used this email for signing up here so its pretty obvious who has sold my data - the spam email from tabletpcreview came on the same day as I signed up here 1.5hrs after signing up.

I only signed up here to wine about the fact I had software forced installed on my PC which I though was wrong - sadly I had the SAME THING HAPPEN AGAIN WITH RECUVA LAST WEEK but couldn't be bothered to come here to say the same thing again - the installer was hanging so I tried to close it in process manager and I see its downloading ANOTHER INSTALLER WITHOUT PERMISSION so I cut my internet and suddenly the installer stops hanging and closes instantly!

WTF are you doing piriform??? This is the second time in my computer this has happened!!! - I have had both ccleaner and recuva installer previously so I should NOT HAVE GOT ANY OFFER NOR SHOULD IT HAVE STARTED DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING FORCEWARE ONTO MY PC!!!!

Firstly I would just like piriform to start being honest and STOP THIS FORCEFUL INSTALLS OF UNWANTED PROGRAMS ONTO MY PC.. If you are too useless to create a proper installer please just remove all your bundled software as at this stage you are infecting my computer with malicious programs I never asked for which is quite likely AGAINST THE LAW! - And even if its not against the law its immoral and you should probably try harder to make sure this NEVER HAPPENS!!!

Second I would appreciate if your company had the slightest bit of decency and refrained from sharing or selling user data like email addresses to third parties  - EVEN IF IT IS IN YOUR LONG AGREEMENT THAT I ACCEPTED THAT YOU CAN SELL MY EMAIL IT  DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT TO DO AND YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO SELL US OUT LIKE THIS.. I mean honestly what type of company are you running there? It seems it is becoming more malicious and criminal every day!

As a company I respected for over a decade you really know how to go and s**t all over your customers so I just want to say please have some respect for us and yourselves and stop being complete and utter douches!!