CCleaner does not remove cookies

eliascm

4 hours ago, nukecad said:

Hi eliascm,

I've been trying to follow this thread but it's not clear just how you are trying to use CCleaner.
Some of the things you have posted seem to say that you are not quite sure how it works.

Let's see if I can help with some screenshots.

Firstly

That says to me that you mean this screen:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.0414ad7a77700f3812e70e171b69122c.jpg

You can't clean cookies at that screen, it just enables you to move them between the 2 lists.

To delete cookies you need to select them on the main cleaning screen, for each browser you use.
If they are not selected there they will not be cleaned.
If they are selected then when you click on the big blue 'Run Cleaner' button they will be removed.

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.8be7e16c4892459ab7bb760a95f9396c.jpg

Firefox or other browsers are on the second tab, 'Applications', again they need to be selected to be cleaned.

That is the reason for the screen shown in the first screenshot above.
You move the cookies you want to keep into the 'Cookies to Keep' list and CCleaner with leave those ones alone.

Hope that helps.

I can easily clean the cookie on the left side:

highlight the top cookie & hold shift then click the bottom cookie which will highlight them all, then right click & choose delete.

I've attached a video.

CCleaner.wmv

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

• Moderators

Sorry my bad explanation / poor choice of words.

Indeed you can do it that way, - but it's not the usual way of doing it, and doesn't seem to be the way that eliascam is doing it.

I was trying to get to the bottom of just what eliascam was (or wasn't) doing and so had ignored that particular method.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

20 hours ago, nukecad said:

Sorry my bad explanation / poor choice of words.

Indeed you can do it that way, - but it's not the usual way of doing it, and doesn't seem to be the way that eliascam is doing it.

I was trying to get to the bottom of just what eliascam was (or wasn't) doing and so had ignored that particular method.

I have the feeling the OP is referring to the same problem I’ve seen in that CCleaner can auto run after closing Edge but when looking under cookies there’s several entries still there - ergo it appears either auto cleaning nor choosing clean cookies actually cleans them.
I apologise if this isn’t what the OP is referring to. :)

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.