ccleaner reminder subscription lapsed pop ups

noelist

These pop ups are innitialising instalation of Internet Explorer 11, please make them for the browser that the customer uses, or include a select browser option as first thing that happens when one clicks on the "renew subscription to Ccleaner Professional at reduced price" instead of letting microsoft blackmail one in to using IE when one clearly does not use it, I avoid it and google like the plague... unfortunate that google bought "youtube"  google blackmailer.....oops,  gets it off the chest.

• Moderators

That sounds like you still have IE set as your default browser.

So when another programme calls for a browser IE will open automatically.

You need to tell Windows to use your browser of choice as the default.

You can do this in Windows settings or through your browser settings.

Search for 'set default browser' in whichever search engine you do use.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

this is win 10 mate, it took 3 months of manually opening ccleaner after start up for it to start doing just that, even though the tick was applied in the appropriate setting box, ccleaner support ended up advising me to enlist a PC repair professional, eventually, it opens at start up....I personally think it is deliberate on the part of microsoft....  a conspiracy theory if ever I saw one.

So, to assure you that Firefox would never let the default browser setting be changed,  as happens with every win10 update,  without informing present user of that fact....wish I could get the courage to try UNIX or Opera or.....actually, it seems to me there are more appearing all the time, maybe a list of  all available browsers should be posted somewhere......

My Mate who died recently, told me he doesn't need antivirus software cos virus writers don't have any complaints against Qpera so  don't need antivirus with it.

my antivirus also recommends Opera.

anyway, nukecad, thanks for the advice, by the way I use "duck duck go" as my default search engine, why, because it does not use cookies or use any tracking or any of the google invented advertising methods, which give most results tainted with adverts people have paid google to push for them. therefore making it harder to find what you want rather than what they want you to have.....another gripe of my chest.

Cheers.

Edited by noelist
bad grammar

• Moderators

Sorry looks like I missunderstood you there.

include a select browser option as first thing that happens when one clicks on the "renew subscription to Ccleaner Professional at reduced price" instead of letting microsoft blackmail one in to using IE when one clearly does not use it

So you are saying that the "Summer Sale" Advertising pop-up that came in with v5.44 is opening IE11 if/when you click it, even though Firefox is your default browser.
Or do you mean something else?

I hadn't seen that reported before, but then again I don't think anyone has ever mentioned clicking on the offer before, just complaining that it won't go away.

Is it realy a problem? If you are accepting the offer then it would only happen the once anyway.

PS.
UNIX (or more likley a LINUX variant these days) is not a browser, it's a whole different Operating System to Windows, I used to use it at work back in the 1980's/90's when Windows was just a baby.
Unix/Linux is good, but of course the commands and available software is different to Windows. (Just like MacOS, or Android, is different from Windows).

I have Opera mini on my phone for occasional use and am not realy a fan. Haven't tried the full Opera on a PC, I'm happy with Firefox.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043