CCleaner 5.45 how to clean Waterfox?

Reto

Hello everybody

After installation of the newest CCleaner-Version which I was compelled to install after the Windows 10 1803 Upgrade CCleaner does not clean Waterfox anymore. .ini-files are not longer visible, I managed to see it anyway (with Resource Hacker), but the old workaround does not work anymore. In the .ini it says: "If you would like to create custom entries then create a new file called winapp2.ini which follows the same format as this one. I created a 'winapp2.ini', but...

What does that exactly mean, "the same format"?

1 hour ago, Reto said:

...My problem is: how to make CCleaner find the Waterfox profiles in order to clean them.

CCleaner doesn't change the "CustomLocationX" entries. Your "CustomLocationX=FIREFOX|..." entries for Waterfox should work (Waterfox).

1 hour ago, Reto said:

I do not know if it's strange, but, as I already mentioned this is not my problem, as I can access it anyway...

If the option "Save all settings to INI file" is checked and you don't have a correct "ccleaner.ini" file in the installation folder, then the installation is corrupt. That's probably the reason why the "CustomLocationX=FIREFOX|..." entries don't work also.

On 11.8.2018 at 19:09, Reto said:

...In the .ini it says: "If you would like to create custom entries then create a new file called winapp2.ini which follows the same format as this one...

I assume that you have accessed the build-in "winapp.ini" (this "file" isn't visible by default) with Resource Hacker and not the "ccleaner.ini" file, because that phrase isn't in a "ccleaner.ini" file, but in the build-in "winapp.ini". You have to add the "CustomLocationX=FIREFOX|..." entries to the "ccleaner.ini" file in the installation folder (not to the build-in winapp/winreg/winsys.ini).

APMichael, thanks, I did a clean uninstall, then reinstalled, then ticked 'Save all settings to INI file'... and there it was. So I made the necessary change to the INI, had to allow changes at the file in order to save it, and now it works!

Thanks again, very appreciated.