CCleaner Community Forums
ikklemo

Second stupid question from new user

what specific passwords do you mean?
what version of CC are you running?

if you are talking about stored browser passwords, untick Site Preferences and Stored Passwords in your browser section of CC.
if you  mean network passwords, untick Network Passwords in Windows Explorer section of CC.

@mta this is a mac question, no windows explorer :rolleyes:

not your fault - I missed the fact you posted in the CCleaner for Mac thread.

When I use CC I lose my saved passwords for my normal sites, include Google, Facebook, Amazon and this page along with many others.  I obviously have something ticked that should be unticked - I keep cookies when I run CC this morning and once again lost all my passwords. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

I'm not sure with Mac, but with Firefox on a PC I found that as well as unchecking 'Saved Passwords' - for some sites you also had to uncheck 'Saved Form Information' in order to keep your passwords.

Also with certain sites it does not show your name/password in the boxes to start, but if you click 'login' anyway the login fails but then presents you with filled in boxes.

2 hours ago, ikklemo said:

When I use CC I lose my saved passwords for my normal sites, include Google, Facebook, Amazon and this page along with many others.  I obviously have something ticked that should be unticked - I keep cookies when I run CC this morning and once again lost all my passwords. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

You don't tell us which browser you use: Safari; Chrome; Firefox?