Uninstalled due to Active Monitoring

Ben29

Just here to let you know I've uninstalled your product due to the fact that Active Monitoring cannot be turned off and the only way to exit CCleaner is to forcibly shut it down in the task manager.

See ya. :)

-Ben

"Active Monitoring" term was somehow misleading -- it was introduced in CCleaner version 4.18 in 2014 and it served for two purposes: it helped to monitor your system to offer better cleanup (e.g. when a browser was terminated, ...) and it also sent some telemetry to Piriform since 2014. Telemetry data are very important otherwise you don't know how many users you have, how they use UI (e.g. developers can focus on mainly used options, or some options can be removed from the product, because they're not used). Every big software company uses telemetry data to improve their product, incl. Windows, Adobe, etc. and try to understand how their product is used. 

I found a workaround, I assume you already unchecked monitoring and kill the ccleaner process in task manager 

I've done this both on my desktop windows 10 enterprise ccleaner free v5.45.6611 and laptop windows 10 home ccleaner pro v5.45.6611

1. Delete the file or Move file different folder C:\windows\system32\Tasks\CCleaner Update.exe

2. Disable or delete ccleaner update on task scheduler

• Moderators
1 hour ago, pk2 said:

"Active Monitoring" term was somehow misleading -- it was introduced in CCleaner version 4.18 in 2014 and it served for two purposes: it helped to monitor your system to offer better cleanup (e.g. when a browser was terminated, ...) and it also sent some telemetry to Piriform since 2014. Telemetry data are very important otherwise you don't know how many users you have, how they use UI (e.g. developers can focus on mainly used options, or some options can be removed from the product, because they're not used). Every big software company uses telemetry data to improve their product, incl. Windows, Adobe, etc. and try to understand how their product is used. 

I presume you work for Avast?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Lots of recently used terms (for at least the last year), all over the GUI, the release notes, and (privacy and) other statements have been misleading.

That's the point.

Modern marketing wonks don't seem to be able to work without trying to mislead their customers.

I'm off to buy some snake oil.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest Paul CCleaner

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. Please see this thread for the latest information on this topic: