CCleaner license clarification (perpetual vs subscription)

Joris Ceoen

Hello,

I've been a longtime user of Piriform's CCleaner and Defraggler. Back in the days (about 3 to 4 years ago) I bought CCleaner Pro and Defraggler Pro. Both of these were one-time licenses that didn't require a yearly subscription fee, because let's face it, that's exactly what I'm seeing when I go to the buypage right now to buy another license.

Has Piriform really gone the same way as the other corporates... (AutoDESK, Adobe, ...)? That's a real shame, especially when you'll apparantly have to shell out €25 a year. SURE, on a individual basis, that's not so much, but when EVERY company starts to do this, people will soon have to shell out something like €4000/y to €5000/y just for ALL that software being on a 'subscription'.

All I want to know, is whether you keep your license to have it check for updates and auto-update when there's a new version, without having to pay for the yearly priority support thing (because to pay €25/y just for an update feature, is beyond assinine). If not, then sadly I'll have to put the axe on this company too and find alternatives.

Kind regards

• Moderators

Pro has always had a year.  That year includes automatic updates and priority support.  All other pro features continue to work as before.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

3 hours ago, Nergal said:

Pro has always had a year.  That year includes automatic updates and priority support.  All other pro features continue to work as before.

Thank you for responding. So if I understand it correctly, all features keep working even if I don't keep up the subscription after a year? So it's not like it will revert completely to the equivalent of the free version then?

• Moderators

Correct, other than automatic updates, all pro perks still work after 1 year.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com