Workaround: How permanently disable monitoring in 5.45.6611

1.Disable Active monitoring, System monitoring in options. Also disable CCleaner tray icon.

2.Remove CCleaner64.exe/Monitor (or CCleaner.exe/Monitor) from startup entries.

3.Disable "CCleaner Update" task in Task Scheduler.

4.Restart PC

Now is monitoring permanently disabled.

it worked for my win 8.1 machine, but after a reboot, wife's win 10 machine went right back to the monitoring checked. Strange and annoying. In fact, did the procedure twice on Win 10 machine with same results. Oh well, resorted to older version and possibly this will get resolved in the near future.  if not, i can live with the old version until i find something else.

You probably not deleted CCleaner64.exe/Monitor,  not disabled ccupdate task or you just forgot untick monitoring and tray icon in settings. Make sure you have also unchecked start CCleaner with PC startup. You can also rename CCupdate.exe to something else, but if you disable that task correctly, this is not needed.

BTW this version is better for me, because now clean faster (No IE stuck anymore) and not caused any ESENT error yet, which was pretty common before this version.

7 hours ago, TheOwner said:

Delete or disable is the same. But if you delete it, you cannot enable it again without reinstallation CCleaner.

Why ON EARTH would you wanna do that until the problem is fixed (i.e. new version)??????

When you install the new version that will, hopefully, fix all the bugs, it will recreate the task...

How ridiculous.  I found a solution: I've uninstalled CCleaner until it's fixed.  I should be able to disable active monitoring.  The whole point is to remove...crap.  I don't need even more programs running continuously.  Fix it, Piriform!

Just deny request for program execution permission on system boot, that's all. In this case, you will not have this annoying CCleaner background process.
Of course, you will have to confirm this request if you run the program by yourself. The background process should be stopped in this case using the task manager.

Working fine for me :)

I found a workaround, I assume you already unchecked monitoring and kill the ccleaner process in task manager 

I've done this both on my desktop windows 10 enterprise ccleaner free v5.45.6611 and laptop windows 10 home ccleaner pro v5.45.6611

1. Delete the file or Move file different folder C:\windows\system32\Tasks\CCleaner Update.exe

2. Disable or delete ccleaner update on task scheduler

7 hours ago, Bluetac said:

Also registered to protest at this farce of an update.

Easy fix i have found though is disabling (Right Click and Disable) CCleaner in the startup tab of task manager 
Works even after rebooting

Afraid it doesn't - at least not on Win 10 Pro 1803

Please see  my reply to @TheOwner in another related thread

On 29/07/2018 at 04:16, bldrdrms said:

cleaner PRO v5.45.6611 does not deactivate monitoring. This is just wrong! Roll back to 5.44 

The Avast takeover has not gone well. I was a pro user but now I'm gone. Try {xxxxxxxxx}.