active montioring can not be disabled

Hi , since update to version 5.45.6611 when you uncheck active monitoring you have to restart computer to stop monitoring but after that if you click on C-Cleaner to open it then active monitoring re activates on it own ?????????????????????????????????? so no way to stop active monitoring and still use C- Cleaner with latest version if you uncheck it again and restart system then click on C-Cleaner then check active monitoring it is checked again by itself , thoughts ? probably roll back to older version ? thanks.

so I guess they are monitoring our computers and sending reports every 12 hours if we use this version of C Cleaner, I think there is way to many programs tracking our computers now , we don't need this one plus it is using resources on startup because it can't be disabled, I am rolling back to older version, just like last month when they forced pop up ads for pro version.

The whole point of CCleaner to me is to make my system cleaner and leaner and not to introduce yet another program which constantly runs in the background.

I hope that it is only a bug and not a feature.

So what I do for now is I install it, clean up some stuff and then deinstall it again. Installing/deinstalling only takes a few seconds.

Regards.

for being released on tuesday and reports of issues since then - there doesn't seem to be much of a rush to get this issue resolved. i've already rolled back to an ancient version. i LIKED this product in the past - have used it for years, but recently have started seeking a replacement. If not resolved soon, it'll be an after-thought. Too bad, as it's been a great product in the past. 

47 minutes ago, mitchkenn said:

for being released on tuesday and reports of issues since then - there doesn't seem to be much of a rush to get this issue resolved. i've already rolled back to an ancient version. i LIKED this product in the past - have used it for years, but recently have started seeking a replacement. If not resolved soon, it'll be an after-thought. Too bad, as it's been a great product in the past. 

Agreed.

• Moderators

still no word (that we have heard) from above.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

On 27/07/2018 at 15:59, codybear1997 said:

so I guess they are monitoring our computers and sending reports every 12 hours if we use this version of C Cleaner, I think there is way to many programs tracking our computers now , we don't need this one plus it is using resources on startup because it can't be disabled, I am rolling back to older version, just like last month when they forced pop up ads for pro version.

As a Pro versi8on user having this sort of thing foist on us with no way to opt out is entirely unacceptable. To have a control to turn this off which does NOT work is simply rubbing salt into the wound.

• Moderators

the Active Monitoring feature was only an issue with v5.45, v5.44 did not have that problem. (although there were others)

• Moderators

they have pulled v5.45 from the Piriform and FileHippo sites.

v5.44 is now the official 'latest' version.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, codybear1997 said:

OK, I tried to download latest version and it keeps installing 6575 version not sure whats going on ?

It is 5.44.162.6575 which is the latest version now as 5.45 has been removed from download servers.

properties.PNG

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rtic-Jan H te A said:

Apparently Piriform is so embarrassed by this, that this discussion doesn't show up in the list of this forum section.

Doesn't it? I can see it quite well, and there's no indication that it is hidden.