Ccleaner free v5.45.6611 does not deactivate monitoring.

Well, that in cleaner free v5.45.6611 can not turn off the monitoring of the system.

I deactivate the monitoring but the process does not turn off, and in the log it is still on at the start as a ccleaner / monitoring or something like that.

For now I go back to version v5.44.6575 that does not have that problem and deactivates the monitoring correctly.

Fix that bug, it's the first time I have to go back to an old version, and I will not go back to the new one until it works as monitoring should and it really deactivates when you tell it to deactivate, (thing that now in v5.45.6611 not is happening, because it reactivates itself and does not even turn off as homework)

Fix that fault please.

• Moderators

You and many others (all others really) have noticed this flaw in the latest version. The moderation staff has informed the admin of this.  Just know you are not alone in your situation.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

4 hours ago, gatocan2066 said:

Well, that in cleaner free v5.45.6611 can not turn off the monitoring of the system.

I deactivate the monitoring but the process does not turn off, and in the log it is still on at the start as a ccleaner / monitoring or something like that.

For now I go back to version v5.44.6575 that does not have that problem and deactivates the monitoring correctly.

Fix that bug, it's the first time I have to go back to an old version, and I will not go back to the new one until it works as monitoring should and it really deactivates when you tell it to deactivate, (thing that now in v5.45.6611 not is happening, because it reactivates itself and does not even turn off as homework)

Fix that fault please.

I have the same issue and it is ANNOYING. I don't not like stuff running in the background because it slows down my PC. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

for the time being, providing this IS a bug and not a planned feature, you can either wait for the next release or revert to an earlier version, available at FileHippo.
but based on all the releases this year and their associated issues, I know which way I would recommend.
I for one have stayed on v5.40 but even that now days gets rarely run, the inbuilt cleanmgr is quiet adequate once you setup the /sageset options.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, iggy67 said:

Quote: revert to an earlier version, available at FileHippo.
How do you download the older versions on this site? when an oldversion is selected it keeps downloading the new version always.

I just selected 5.40 from here and that is what it downloaded.

https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/history/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I suspected Avast interference with Ccleaner behaviour since Piriform was sold, but no.
It will, at last, when Ccleaner will become Avast's component next year...

What has worked on my computer (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits SP1 - Ccleaner 5.45.6611 - Avast 18.5.2342)

Before doing that, kill Ccleaner.exe or Ccleaner64.exe process with Task Manager

With Regedit, go and check for :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Removed Ccleaner entries

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner
Monitoring=0
SystemMonitoring=0
SystemMonitoringRunningNotification=0

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-541384233-1159703361-2531910108-1000\Software\Piriform\CCleaner
(User GUID depends of YOUR installation)
Monitoring=0
SystemMonitoring=0
SystemMonitoringRunningNotification=0

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-541384233-1159703361-2531910108-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
(User GUID depends of YOUR installation)
No Ccleaner entries on my computer, by check if exists, and remove

Of course you will have to check every specific USER path for every sessions you want to clean.
Other method notificed on another thread didn't work for me until I removed those user-specific keys.

In Explorer, go and check for :

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks
Removed two Ccleaner Tasks (Update and SkipUAC)

For what it is worth, after every time I install Ccleaner, I run it to clean itself ironically heh heh. Make sure on first screen of CC "Windows" side that under "Advanced" "Custom Files And Folders" is checked to be enabled.

Options | Include

File:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe    (no need for 32 bit version on 64 bit OS)

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCUpdate.exe  (I update everything on my systems only manually, besides beta FF or PM)

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\CCleaner Update  (self-explanatory)

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\CCleanerSkipUAC (All my machines already have UAC disabled)

Drive or folder:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\   (Include files, subfolder and the folder itself - I am USA native, English-speaking)

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Setup\  (Include files, subfolder and the folder itself)

With Windows 7; what I have discovered is that if you run CCleaner.exe (13364kb) rather than CCleaner64.exe (18100kb) the program seems to deactivate the monitoring as requested and keeps it deactivated.  The version is still V545.6611 and both are in the  CCleaner program folder.

Curiously the CCleaner.exe version appears also to run the 64bit version - at least that's what it says - if you believe anything anymore.

UPDATE:

With Windows 10 - 1803 the same functionality occurs as with Windows 7 above.

(Note: Also with Windows 10 - 1803 on a 32bit PAD)

But initially the CCleaner.exe program does load  the CCleaner monitor and this needs to be deleted from the Registry else it will initialise at start up - though you can stop it running at the UAC prompt.

These are just workarounds - AVAST should fix this problem.  It's very disappointing and I trust  this error is not a sign of things to come!

UPDATE for 64bit Windows:

My comment above "Curiously the CCleaner.exe version appears also to run the 64bit version"

If the OS is 64bit, then yes it does - so just rename the CCleaner64.exe program to something else and then as the program cannot be found it cannot be run.

The 32bit version doesn't appear to display the same issue.

Edited by arensky
Update for 64bit Windows