Piriform Community Forums
hazelnut

Build 5.45.6611

• CCleaner now sends a heartbeat every 12 hours which reports up-to-date usage statistics to allow for faster delivery of bug fixes and product improvements.

How I wish I hadn't read that :(

surely this will be the last straw for many.

seriously - just how many releases with flat out bugs or at least (very) undesirable features do Piriform think their user base will tolerate???

Does the portable version also use/send "heartbeat" reports back to CCleaner? Does using the portable version while being totally disconnected from the Internet prevent heartbeat reporting?

- Perhaps this sending of statistics to Piriform is the reason why CC (v5.45) keeps runnng after the user has closed the program ?

- I don't mind that CC sends some data/statistics to Piriform to help the developers improve the program. But then CC should ONLY do that when the user shuts down the program. I do hope that this happens INDEPENDENT of the CC monitoring feature (This feature should be fixed).

- I know that Defraggler also stores some statistics in a file called "Statistics.bin". Is this file send to Piriform as well ?

- Suggestion: Add an option to allow to user to switch off that data collection to be sned.