Are my files recovered securely?

tbs2018

Hi,

This might seem like a silly question, I don't know. I'd just like to make sure before using Recuva that once I have recovered the files that I'm looking for, it is only I who is able to view or have access to these files? i.e. They are not accessible by Piriform/Recuva or any third parties?

Regards.

• Moderators

When you recover a file the clusters of that file are copied to whatever location you specify. The deleted clusters can still be accessed by Recuva or other software. To get rid of the deleted clusters (in Recuva) you can highlight the deleted file, right click and select secure overwrite. If that is what you are asking.

Sorry, I'm not sure I was that clear in what I was asking. What I'm wondering is if the files are physically viewable by others once I've used the software? I have some confidential files that I'm looking to recover and I don't want to use Recuva if it's possible that this information is viewable by anybody other than myself.

• Moderators

The files you recover will be like any other file.  No third parties or second party receive copies of your file, Only you.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com