CCLeaner keeps askig to "shut down Safari internal process" TWICE, and requests Mac log-in Password

gowestwardho

Any idea why recently when I run CCleaner it is asking to "stop a Safari Internal Process from running"?  And then it requests my MacBook login password to do this.  And then it asks for it a second time.  The most disconcerting thing is it asks for this EVEN THOUGH SAFARI IS NOT RUNNING.  I have checked using CCLeaner to see what start-up programs are running and Safari is not one of them.  Nor is there any process shown which would relate to Safari.  Is there some other way to determine what the mystery "internal process" is that CCLeaner wants to stop all the time?  Attached are some screenshots of what I mean.  PLEASE ADVISE.

Any idea why recently when I run CCleaner it is asking to "stop a Safari Internal Process from running"?  And then it requests my MacBook login password to do this.  And then it asks for it a second time.  The most disconcerting thing is it asks for this EVEN THOUGH SAFARI IS NOT RUNNING.  I have checked using CCLeaner to see what start-up programs are running and Safari is not one of them.  Nor is there any process shown which would relate to Safari.  Is there some other way to determine what the mystery "internal process" is that CCLeaner wants to stop all the time?  Attached are some screenshots of what I mean.  PLEASE ADVISE.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 4.26.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 4.26.43 PM.png

• Moderators

Double thread merged into mac board

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

22 minutes ago, Nergal said:

Double thread merged into mac board

Thanks. I tried to edit the first post to add screenshots but no matter how small I made them it was blocking them from being added. So I started over. Would appreciate knowing what's going wrong on CCleaner.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gowestwardho said:

Thanks. I tried to edit the first post to add screenshots but no matter how small I made them it was blocking them from being added. So I started over. Would appreciate knowing what's going wrong on CCleaner.

Do you mean this?

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/51931-pasword-required/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 1 year later...