Additional programs in load

During the load of a version update of the Piriform CC Cleaner, the inclusion of the additional load of an anti-virus software (Avista) almost went unnoticed. This made me very angry because the positive check mark was already set and secondly, this software is incompatible with my own Kaspersky software. I had the devil of a job getting rid of the software and normal remove procedures do not work and neither do many special programs written especially to remove installed software. I find it irresponsible to make it easy to overlook the addition of an unwanted program, which can cause problems and detracts from the confidence in the Piriform software itself.

• Moderators

Completely as in 100% removal of any antivirus software from my experience is impossible, even with the antivirus vendor(s) secondary uninstallers that will typically leave something behind. They may in some instances be able to fully get rid of all physical files on the hard disk since that's after all very easy to do on a reboot but there's usually stuff left behind buried deep in the Windows registry - it's one of the reasons I've never liked pre-installed trial versions of antivirus software on new PC's.

This is why I use unchecky, it automatically unticked the Avast anti virus install option which would be easy to miss otherwise.

Edited by Bastet
Fix typo.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.