CCleaner crashing in Windows Safe Mode

Hi all.

I reported this earlier this year and have never ever received a response.

The latest versions of CCleaner (those released after around the beginning of March this year) will not run in Windows Safe Mode (Windows 7 Pro) i.e. it crashes (simply pauses at the end of the scan and then exits without doing anything).  I've tried many times with each new version and still the same thing and keep having to revert to an older version (released before March this year).  It would appear it's crashing when trying to display the summary / statistics / report page before actually allowing you to elect to proceed with the changes.  I consider this a bit of a serious issue for the simple reason that CCleaner does not (cannot) remove certain files that are in use when not in Safe Mode (not to mention the fact that I've been using CCleaner for many many years in Safe Mode and there's never been an issue).  I have tried selecting different reporting formats as mentioned above but no difference at all.

Here's a link to my original post:

Regards,

Dale.

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Best to simply bump the original thread than comment on the thread for a different issue.

Thanks for reporting, we'll look into it.

Hello.

Sorry.  Just posted on another thread (thought it was this one) and only then saw your post above.

Point noted and will do so in future.  But I'm still of the opinion that all of this has to do with whatever changed in March 2018 regarding the way in which the summaries / results screens are now displayed (the fact that my problem is Safe Mode is neither here nor there now it would seem).

Anyway.  I shall not post about this again.  Will wait and see what happens.

Regards,

Dale.

• 2 weeks later...