Why the constant updating of the Program?

This is the only program I have ever owned that wants me to update it almost every two weeks.

I am used to security programs updating their definitions all the time, but updating the program itself, so often, seems either over-professional or non-professional. It is almost as though the engineers are never satisfied with their code. Does anyone know why this is the only program I have that wants to update itself constantly? Or more direct;  Why is Piriform updating the "program" so often?

• Moderators

other than hotfixes to repair system killing bugs, ccleaner is released once a month, not two weeks. These monthly releases add programs to be detected and fixes for bugs.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have seen, some file names get changed in new releases also to avoid (my guess) infection by particularly nasty viruses.

As far as registry stuff, I back up my entire machine before running CC. When done right, it can do wonders. But if you delete the wrong stuff (esp. in registry), your machine may not boot. If you don't know if something can be safely deleted, I would suggest that you DON'T delete it until you find out for sure.

• 4 months later...

I agree with the original poster...it is odd the amount of updates this program goes thru...and why not just an update from within the program instead of a completely new install every time?  And the fact you get spammed with all the upgrade to paid program BS is getting old.  It is almost as if they are forcing everyone who hasn't upgraded to go thru the upgrade spiel claiming it is upgrade time..when it fact it is just a marketing ploy?

• Moderators

Some of the changes are without a doubt marketing. But they've also introduced bugs with all the additions they keep making. Usually a new version is released about once per month, however if there's a bad enough bug they do sometimes push a new version out quicker which is no different than allot of other software.

On 11/13/2018 at 21:48, jamesw71 said:

Also to note...the changes are coming every 2 weeks...not once a month...Oct 28th and Nov 13th are the download dates on the last two.   That is 2 weeks, so enough with the marketing BS.  Bugs my ass.

Bugs me too, but it's a decent enough product.  I only update when I have time maybe every 2 months or so.