Ccleaner not fixing registry

Hi as per usual I run Ccleaner several times a week.  Well today I found 4 registry errors that Ccleaner can't fix.  

Invalid file reference    ImagePath - system32\mutex-threads.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.Net Crypt
Invalid file reference    ImagePath - system32\idle-threads.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.Net Main
Invalid file reference    ImagePath - system32\latch-threads.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.Net Security
Invalid file reference    ImagePath - system32\semaphore-threads.exe    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.Net Semaphore

When I tell Ccleaner to fix the issues I get the following message:

The file referenced at: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\.Net Semaphore\ImagePath could not be located. These references are often left behind after uninstalling software. 

Solution: Delete the registry key.

I've tried running Ccleaner numerous tirmes and even ran Malewarebytes to ensure it wasn't a virus.  The scan revealed no maliscious activity.

Any idea what the solution is?

• Moderators

let's get the usual cautionary tales out of the way...

there's no reason to touch the registry.  in fact, doing so, there's greater chance you'll make things worse.
official word from Microsoft is; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities
if your PC is not popping up errors or these leftover registry keys causing issues, leave them alone.

now, for the fun stuff, since after all, it is a personal computer, and we all feel the need to fiddle...

you could right click on CC and Run as Administrator and see if that helps.
also try booting the PC into Safe Mode and trying from there.
or manually go into regedit, locate those hive keys and delete them yourself.

please, assume the worst and have a system image backup ready to use.  B)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

20 hours ago, mta said:

let's get the usual cautionary tales out of the way...

there's no reason to touch the registry.  in fact, doing so, there's greater chance you'll make things worse.
official word from Microsoft is; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities
if your PC is not popping up errors or these leftover registry keys causing issues, leave them alone.

now, for the fun stuff, since after all, it is a personal computer, and we all feel the need to fiddle...

you could right click on CC and Run as Administrator and see if that helps.
also try booting the PC into Safe Mode and trying from there.
or manually go into regedit, locate those hive keys and delete them yourself.

please, assume the worst and have a system image backup ready to use.  B)

Not sure if you get notifications if I just replied to your thread but not quoting so I thought I'd quote you in hopes you'd see it.  I did try what you said except for the regedit part.  Could you go into more detail about that?  The other two things didn't work.

• Moderators

click Start, Run, type regedit and hit OK.

that'll start Regedit where you can locate those keys and delete them - but with all things registry related - if it ain't broke don't touch it.

having those unused entries will not hurt your PC.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.