CCleaner Community Forums
unixwizzard

Temperature for Ryzen 7 2700X reading hot.

I recently upgraded to the AMD R7 2700X CPU and it seems that Speccy Pro 1.32.740 is reading the CPU temp at 60C higher.

Confirmed this against AMD Ryzen Master, Core Temp 1.12.1, and HWInfo, all three show the CPU temp running 60C lower.

This is a new Windows 10 install, ver 1803, with all updates/drivers applied. I just noticed the program is reporting the CPU as Summit Ridge when it's a Pinnacle Ridge chip.

Here's a comparison:

5b1c830d793be_2018-06-0921_44_29-Window.thumb.png.bf0adb715408479b81e0632cd426fc74.png

Not sure if it will help, I've attached a Register dump from Core Temp.

CoreTemp-Dump.txt

sadly, it's a long standing problem of Speccy - reporting wrong temperatures.

it has been brought to the attention of the Admin team.

My apologies for replying to an old topic but has this ever been resolved? I've relied on Speccy for many years for my temperatures but it's recently been reporting 55C+ when idle on my CPU and this concerned me.

I noticed that some tech YouTubers use HWMonitor PRO so I downloaded HWMonitor (not the PRO) and I can confirm that the GPU and Storage devices report the correct temperatures but the CPU isn't quite right.

Speccy at the current moment is reporting a very consistent 57C on all 8 cores of my Ryzen 7 1800x CPU but HWMonitor is reporting a 37 to 46.

resolved? - nope.

what was a long standing 2'ish year old issue back in June is now a 2.5'ish year old issue.

I’m haveing the same issue. I just built a new rig with the Ryzen 7 2700x and bios says everything is under 50 degrees C but in speccy it says my cpu temp is 104-113 degrees C and it freaked me out a little till I saw other people having this issue as well.

I am having this issue too. (Ryzen 7 2700 ) Speccy reports 87 C but MSI comnmand cenrtre and the BIOS report 38 C. Had the same freaking out experience as Lostindeadspace. 

@mta 

I bought a Ryzen 2700x today and installed it. I panicked when I saw the temperature readings on the first boot until checking the temp with the bios and  then CoreTemp. (note: beware of bundled apps when installing CoreTemp)

However, I figured out the issue. It's displaying the correct number of degrees, but it's displaying C when it should be F. 

Run Speccy and CoreTemp side by side but in the CoreTemp settings check "Display temperatures in Fahrenheit". You'll see the numbers are the same even if the unit of measurement is grossly incorrect. 

that would have scared ya!