CCleaner Community Forums
Sinibomb

'Run Cleaner' button problem. v5.43.6522

Hi, I'm here to report a problem with the latest Ccleaner v5.43.6522.

The 'Analyze' and 'Run Cleaner' buttons are not clickable (greyed out) for about half a minute when I run the program, after this time they become available.
I remember previous versions taking a few seconds before they came on, but 25 seconds / half a minute or thereabouts, not good.
Using Windows 7 home premium, i5.

g'day sinibomb and welcome to the forums.

do you use winapp2.ini or any other enhancement to CC?

Hello mta, no I don't have that, I downloaded something called [Voldemort] but didn't need it so uninstalled it. I'm sure it did it before that though.

Edited by Nergal
that which must not be named

2 hours ago, Sinibomb said:

Hello mta, no I don't have that, I downloaded something called [Voldemort] but didn't need it so uninstalled it. I'm sure it did it before that though.

Voldemort creates a winapp2.ini check your program folder to see if it had already done that.  This is the most common cause of the issue you describe.

There's a winapp2.ini in the main CCleaner folder, should I delete it? (I'll move it to recycle bin temporarily and see what happens) Also why has the program I mentioned been changed to Voldemort. The program I mentioned is related to ccleaner surely! Let me try this again: [voldemort].

Use of the enhancing program is not allowed to be mentioned thus voldemort (that which must not be named)