Piriform Community Forums
chrismeece

Error message "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed"

I installed the trial network edition last Thursday and really liked what I saw.  Seriously thinking of buying it to use here at work.  The next morning I get a call that the following message has popped up for several employees trying to log in:  "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."  Any computer that tried to reboot got this message.  I uninstalled CCleaner and rebooted the domain server and still had the issue.  I attempted to remove the computer from the domain, and then connect the computer to the domain and this didn't help.   I can login to the computer if I boot it without the network cable plugged in and login then.  Next I plug the network cable back in to access my shares.

Is there possibly something in the network edition of CCleaner that can fix this?

Have you tried any of the many suggestions on Google if you search for this message?

I have and they haven't worked.  I've even tried suggestions from IT colleagues I couldn't find on the internet.  I was wondering if there was something in CCleaner that may have caused this.