Firewall Nag - Back to v5.40.6411

Since updating Ccleaner from v5.40.6411, I have been nagged with firewall warning at the end of cleaning.  If I block it, the task remains open in the background.  If another session is opened and then again blocked, that session again is open in the background with no way to kill the task unless you reboot.  I have since reverted back to v5.40.6411.  Why is there a need to Ccleaner to cal home?

77.234.44.93.JPG

25qd6wl.jpg

Because it is now Spyware. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

CCleaner is trying to "secretly" collection info from your PC without you knowing, but since you use a firewall, you are catching it in the act. You'll have to block it or stay on v5.40.6411.

Some hackers/crackers have also cracked CCleaner (lol, can't people people now need to resort to pirating/crack a free program) to remove the internet part, so I guess that is an option as well.

• Moderators

@Special you have your own thread. Stay there. It's not spyware and the change came with the new euro law.  It's just analytics and it's anonymous in the free version.  Analytics allow ccleaner to evolve.  Calling it spyware is a misnomer, spyware is a type of malware, not every app that uses analytics.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I have to disagree with you Nergal.  If a piece of software is forcefully taking information without my permission and not allowing me to opt out, it is spyware.  Try blocking it with your firewall.  You will see that after you exit Ccleaner, the task is still open and cannot be killed.  I don't like anyone taking information from my system without my permission...and I 1st want to see that info before it is shipped out.

25qd6wl.jpg

• Moderators

Are you going to stop using Google,  Faceache, even Windows itself? 

They all collect much more data about you and what you are doing.

Time to make a tinfoil hat?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Must say I agree with Tr3bg0D's main points.
What matters is how the software behaves, not what you call it . . . spyware, malware, analytics, whatever.

Agree with Andavari also, the data collecting trend is a steamroller. 
Its probably more trouble than it's worth to stop it nowadays, at least for mere mortal user like me. 

However, any suggestion that such collection is inevitable, or harmless, or necessary for the software to function is questionable.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.