Can't recover the same file twice

Bauble

First I launched Recuva, and easily found the files I wished to recover, and It recovered the files just fine, the only issue was that it was a jumbled mess of files, making it unusable.

I did some research, and learned about the restore folder structure option, and I went to recover the files again, and they no longer showed up.

So, how do I recover files, which I have already previously recovered, a second time?

I looked using another file recovery program, and it was able to find the files just fine, but it didn't have the restore folder structure option, I wasn't able to find any other software that did.

~Things I've tried

• Reinstalled, deleted, and reinstalled Recuva
  • Removing Recuva's scanning filters *however, of the 500,000 hidden files, it still chose to hide all of them*
  • Scanning the entire disk drive

~I'm currently in the process of performing a deep scan

• Moderators

There is nothing inherently wrong in recovering the same files twice, or as many times as you wish. In other words Recuva will not change any deleted file in the source drive. But there is an however:

If youi have recovered the files to a separate drive the source will be unchanged. If you have reinstated the recovered files to the source drive then some deleted file records in the MFT will be overwritten. This could cause loss of access to the original deleted files.

If youi have recovered the files to a same drive the source then again some deleted file records in the MFT will be overwritten. This could cause loss of access to the original deleted files.

If any activity has taken place on the source drive then some, or many, deleted file records in the MFT will be overwritten. This could cause loss access to of the original deleted files.

'Hiding' half a million files is not what Recuva does. We would need to see screenshots at least to try and establish what has happened.

Yes, I wanted to test it first, without another drive, *I always test things like this* I suppose that would be why it is hidden *gone*, and the deep scan did not turn up any results either.I suppose i can accept the loss, and as for the half of a million hidden files, the deep scan yielded a thousand, all unable to be revealed, but I would rather start over again than trouble shoot that, sift through a million files, only to cling to the hope of recovering it.

The file wasn't anything crucial, thank you for your help!

Also, I think the other recovery program was actually just bringing up a bunch of other files with similar names.