pasword required

when cleaning in El Capitan  with the latest downloaded version 1.15.507 i am constantly asked for my admin password too allow changes to be made... twice to complete the clean.

This happens every time i use cleaner since it won't store the permission granted by my password to change system requirements, enabling Cleaner to do it´s cleaning

The previous version required this password only once during the first scan when newly installed and never again...it stored the permission granted by my password

How can i fix this ...it´s very annoying to have to enter my admin password twice every scan 

• Moderators

Since there are only a few Mac users in the forum,  it might take a bit for one of us to help you.  I've alerted the admin/dev team on this topic, that should get some eyes on it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I just downloaded the new free version for my mac and I am being asked for my password every time, which is very annoying. I liked the older version much better. Can this issue be fixed?

Thanks for any and all help.

• Moderators

See my reply right above yours

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

3 hours ago, Fatfrankie88 said:

when cleaning in El Capitan  with the latest downloaded version 1.15.507 i am constantly asked for my admin password too allow changes to be made... twice to complete the clean.

This happens every time i use cleaner since it won't store the permission granted by my password to change system requirements, enabling Cleaner to do it´s cleaning

The previous version required this password only once during the first scan when newly installed and never again...it stored the permission granted by my password

How can i fix this ...it´s very annoying to have to enter my admin password twice every scan 

I have the same issue--every time I run the program I have to enter my password twice before it finishes.

I had the exact same issue as Fatfrankie88 and bflyfish this must be a bug with 1.15.507. I could not tolerate it so went back to version 1.14.451 on my MacBook. 

Hopefully Piriform will fix this for the new Mac version of CCleaner.

CCleaner Mac 1.15.507 High Sierra

Problem 1: Password Nag .  CCleaner wants to make changes. Enter your password to allow this. Exact same reported above with debut of 1.15.507 issue constantly asking for Password. Then does it again. CCleaner wants to make changes. Enter your password to allow this. Happens every session & attempt.

Problem 2: Safari Nag. With Safari closed, and never opened this week.Safari needs to close down an internal process it will restart after. Do you wish to continue? Cleaning, reveals Safari -Session 0KB. Happens every session & attempt.

Problem 3: CCleaner running extremely slower.

Sure it may take awhile, because they don't check the Forum.  But this totally unacceptable, on new Owner Avast. How can somebody be so lazy to not test their work? And not want to monitor their Forums? This should never happen. Just ruins the Avast name & CCleaner reputation. 

Nergal your a nice Volunteer who has been here before Avast, for years. They need to give you an better direct email contact, for embarrassing events, as this event has two easily verified documented problems.This version needs to be pulled ASAP, by Avast. I'd like to pull it, but then I get more nags saying my version 114 is out of date. I suggest Avast pull 115 immediately. Re upload 114 to save face. Don't let anybody get the 115 version.

CCleaner 114 came out September 2016, this much time to verify a new version, rather simple run it twice and you'll know. Nine months and we get this. Luckily I saved my 114 version. Because all the Windows CCleaner users on every Forum are warning everybody be careful its just a matter of time before Avast builds the app to their advantage, such as the Privacy opt out of sharing usage data with third parties for analytics purposes enabled by default on Windows version. People want the Pro version left alone, do your Avast analytics on the Free version, you'll make more money.

So sorry for a nasty reply, but come on, Avast people that write code, run the app twice please before you release it to the Public. Take care of Nergal and pay him.

1 hour ago, hazelnut said:

uuu we do bring posts like yours to the direct attention of Piriform.

However after that... it's up to them :(

We having been bring the Mac issues to their attention for some time now.

have they more important things to do than take care of their customers??...hard to come by and harder to keep!!

Hey guys, i run High Sierra and am having the same issue. I have tried system preferences as well as running automator but have had no luck would be great if someone had an solution for this. I do understand it is a security issue which although annoying is better to type and retype password than have a security issue.

Noticed that in the latest version 1.15.507 (versus the previous version 1.14.451) they have added "Monitoring" under "Options". Unfortunately the "Enable system monitoring" check box is checked by default and the user is unable to uncheck this feature. 

IMHO, so every time CCleaner is run it is asking for the "Admin password" to initiate the SYSTEM MONOTIRING feature. 

Piriform needs to uncheck this feature to remove the hassle of having to enter the password twice to run CCleaner each time.

Please note that I am using the "Free version" of 1.15.507.

Until the problem is fixed I have gone back to the previous version and had to uncheck "Check for updates". Otherwise that is going to be a pop-up asking me to upgrade every time I run CCleaner.

Help to resolve this latest kink in an otherwise flawless piece of software will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Come on Piriform we and many more like us are loyal Mac users of your product please get this corrected. We love your product and want to be able to keep using it as it once was..

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I am running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on a 2015 MacBook Pro and have been using Cleaner Free for years, so I am very familiar with using it. After installing the latest version 1.15.507 I have 2 problems.

First, I have the issue mentioned by many above, where I have to enter my computer password TWICE during each and every scan.

Second, even though my banking cookies are still in the Cookies to Keep list in Options, after the update, CCleaner erases  the bank card numbers every time I do a clean. This has never happened before Version 1.15.507. I don't save passwords obviously, but having to enter all the numbers and renter all my info to the banking sites after each clean is totally unacceptable. I use Safari Version 11.1 as my browser.

These actions are both suspicious and annoying.

I am currently looking for another alternative cleaner, but I would rather stay with CCleaner, if they can QUICKLY fix these issues.

Thanks,

Phil

P.S. Just reloaded CCleaner Free Version 1.14.451 and both of these issues were immediately corrected!

Edited by PhilipRT
Updated information

14 hours ago, PhilipRT said:

Hi, I am running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on a 2015 MacBook Pro and have been using Cleaner Free for years, so I am very familiar with using it. After installing the latest version 1.15.507 I have 2 problems.

First, I have the issue mentioned by many above, where I have to enter my computer password TWICE during each and every scan.

Second, even though my banking cookies are still in the Cookies to Keep list in Options, after the update, CCleaner erases  the bank card numbers every time I do a clean. This has never happened before Version 1.15.507. I don't save passwords obviously, but having to enter all the numbers and renter all my info to the banking sites after each clean is totally unacceptable. I use Safari Version 11.1 as my browser.

These actions are both suspicious and annoying.

I am currently looking for another alternative cleaner, but I would rather stay with CCleaner, if they can QUICKLY fix these issues.

Thanks,

Phil

P.S. Just reloaded CCleaner Free Version 1.14.451 and both of these issues were immediately corrected!

Phil, I am having the same issue on my MacBook Pro. Will download previous version of CC until password issue is corrected.

Steve 

Items I have noticed;

Requires password entry when cleaning certain system files.

Monitoring cannot be disabled, but not sure if it actually does anything anyway. I only have the free version.

Secure deletion is unavailable due to incompatibility with OS. I am on 10.13.4

I don't believe the application cleans any slower, I just don't think the UI responds in real time.

Here the answer email from piriform about this theme:

Hello,

Thank you for your email, sorry you are having problems with CCleaner Mac.

This occurs when you are Cleaning ‘Safari Cookies’ or ‘Directory Service Cache’, so if you have both of those rules checked when running a clean you will be asked twice to enter your password. We’re doing this so that we can clean things properly and thoroughly, as you’d expect from CCleaner

If you have any further questions just email me back.

Kind regards,

Andrei | CCleaner Support - London, UK

I wrote back and asked for giving further this issue to the developer department.

the 2nd answer from piriform:

Hello,

Rest assured that they will try to remove this issue from the software so you won't get annoyed by it anymore.

Is there anything else you would like us to help you with ?

Kind regards,

Andrei | CCleaner Support - London, UK