Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums
garetjax

5.43 -- Still Broken

Recommended Posts

Good morning.

The issue introduced with the 5.42 builds still occurs in 5.43.    The CCleaner application crashes immediately after selecting Run Cleaner in the application on Windows 2008 R2 systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found this to be the case as well. I disabled Kaspersky, uninstalled 5.42 then reinstalled 5.43, rebooted etc. Still not working. Closes immediately after selecting "run cleaner". Using Windows 10.

Edited by NancieF
Added detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, as per the changelog, we did not prioritise these issues for this release because other issues affecting a greater number of users took priority.

We have a speculative fix for the Kaspersky issue in test for the June release. The Server 2008 issue is not scheduled to be fixed for the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, I have no Kaspersky AV products in my environments.     CC 5.41 worked fine on WS2008R2.   Both released builds of 5.42 and 5.43 all break in the same fashion when trying to "Run Cleaner"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Stephen from Piriform mentioned, this does not seem to be about any particular AV product, but rather just general functionality.

Something changed, starting with CCleaner v5.42, and now with CCleaner v5.43 - neither appears to work on either Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008.

Here is a screenshot from a Windows 2008 server.

CCleaner 5.43 on Win 2008 Server.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it is  related to Kaspersky at all.  CCleaner was running fine on my system yntil 5.42 and now 5.43...

"Run Cleaner" just shuts it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will also confirm CCleaner 543 crashes on "Run Cleaner". 
Not a huge deal to me, I'm current running 541 and it works just fine for now. Thanks for the great app.
Also... I noticed when downloading 543, the file name is "ccsetup543 (1).exe". Made me think I already downloaded the new version once before :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24th 18903I downloaded and installed version 5.43 successfully, but when executed, it always terminated when I clicked on "Continue". I reverted to 5.42, which I had installed on 18th May, and it worked for awhile, then it also began to close down at the same point. I shut down my laptop (Lenovo with Windows Home 10, vsn 1803, installed 24th May), restarted and re-installed 5.43 and then 5.42 again, and still they simply terminate when I click on "Continue". However, "Analyze" seems to work fine, displaying all the areas to be cleared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RonWP said:

24th 18903I downloaded and installed version 5.43 successfully, but when executed, it always terminated when I clicked on "Continue". I reverted to 5.42, which I had installed on 18th May, and it worked for awhile, then it also began to close down at the same point. I shut down my laptop (Lenovo with Windows Home 10, vsn 1803, installed 24th May), restarted and re-installed 5.43 and then 5.42 again, and still they simply terminate when I click on "Continue". However, "Analyze" seems to work fine, displaying all the areas to be cleared.

What antivirus do you use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.5.2018 at 23:50, Jonathan Spangler said:

Something changed, starting with CCleaner v5.42, and now with CCleaner v5.43 - neither appears to work on either Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008.

 

perhaps a problem with virtual box thing...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're running Window Small Business Server 2011 Essentials Service Pack 1 and tried to run Cleaner 5.43.  It just does nothing. 

I removed 5.43, added 5.40 and it works like a champ!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 14:48, MechEngr said:

We're running Window Small Business Server 2011 Essentials Service Pack 1 and tried to run Cleaner 5.43.  It just does nothing. 

I removed 5.43, added 5.40 and it works like a champ!

Anyone know where I can get 5.41 or earlier? 5.43 crashes on opening, while 5.44 crashes during setup.

Scratch that! I found 5.41.6446 on FileHippo.com, installed it successfully and CCleaner is now running again.

Edited by LittleTyke
Answered my own query.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 22:58, trium said:

perhaps a problem with virtual box thing...?

No.

However, the same problem existed with v5.44 as well.

I am happy to report that starting with v5.45, it looks like Piriform has fixed whatever the issue was with 5.42, 5.43 and 5.44.

CCleaner v5.45 now appears to work once again on Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 server.

Now with Windows Server 2016, CCleaner identifies it as "Windows 10".

Anyone else seen this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×