free version won't deep scan properly Win-10 Home

warezaholic

I have tried a deep scan with the free version v153. (newest download) but the progress counter never leaves Zero percent (even after 18 hours) and only produces about 200 results (out of about 200,000 probable files +or-).  Is this a problem with the software or am I being naive to think Free is actually $free$

I am using the free version because I read that it has no restricted use like other free software and I'mm a senior disabled Vet with micro-income.  I had many, many documents and i had 500 gigs of mp3/4 and countless pictures i was digitizing when I was victim of a crash.

Does anybody with piriform even answer posts on here?

I want to know if Recuva "free edition" does deep scans.  I ran it all night and it never passed ZERO percent!  I ran it all night and it never recovered ANY important files and  after a windows recovery "reinstall" without a format of the hard drive.  

I like the way it works showing every file name and type...

• Moderators

Yes, your posts will get answered!

what you need to realise is all members on this forums are freely volunteering their time to do so.
you also then are relying on the right person that can respond to log on and do so.

Patience Grasshopper ;)

and Yes, Recuva does Deep Scans.  As far as file recovery goes, the free edition is as good as the paid-for version.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.