Forcing Edge to Close When not Open

Judesman

• Moderators

While you don't use Edge the operating system however does, it will also use Internet Explorer ("IE"). That's why CCleaner is slow to clean both browsers. One thing people have been doing that don't use either of those browsers is to untick/disable them in CCleaner so that there's no delay in the whole cleaning operation.

If at anytime you do wish to clean Edge and IE you can right-click upon them in CCleaner to individually clean them.

• Moderators

As Andavari says Edge and Internet Explorer provide convinent storage locations that other programmes do use.

So even if you are not using Edge/ie as such, something you use is probably using their temporary storage locations.

PS. I have all CC entries in Edge and ie. unchecked except for "Internet Explorer > Temporary Internet Files", (I know other programmes store temporary files there so clean it).
I was doing some testing earlier this week and was quite surprised to find that Firefox had stored something there.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043