Uninstalling IE7

PS3

gday there,

can someone tell me how i can delete IE7 beta 2? i tried to delete it manually but that wont work. i tried going into the add/remove progarms window and it wont let me.

any ideas?

thanks.

thanks for the ideas lucifer and humpty but it didnt work. the dang thing just wont leave my computer.

any more, anyone???

• Moderators

PS3

What reason does it give you?

If its about not being able to delete from that user account see below

http://geekswithblogs.net/timh/archive/2005/09/16/54068.aspx

Also have you tried uninstalling in safe mode?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting rid of ths. I was able to delete this program by going to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and then uninstalling. After that, my IE6 was restored as it was before I made the foolish mistake of downloading IE7. This is a real crap program, and if anyone is toying with the idea of trying it, my advice is DON'T.

PS3

What reason does it give you?

If its about not being able to delete from that user account see below

http://geekswithblogs.net/timh/archive/2005/09/16/54068.aspx

Also have you tried uninstalling in safe mode?

i want to get rid of it because my computer keeps freezing after i installed it and it keeps crashing and going to that blue screen. the link you have me above took me to another forum and it said to go to another link and that link is not in operation anymore. and yes, i have tried to uninstall it in safe mode but it just keeps appearing that error message. (screenshot below)

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting rid of ths. I was able to delete this program by going to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and then uninstalling. After that, my IE6 was restored as it was before I made the foolish mistake of downloading IE7. This is a real crap program, and if anyone is toying with the idea of trying it, my advice is DON'T.

yeah, stupid me. i learnt about this IE7 beta the hard way, shouldve just stayed with firefox. i have gone to the add/remove programs window and tried to delete it from there but it wont let me. i have attached a picture on what the error says. the computer im using has only got one account and thats mine. i installed it on my account and there is no other.

i suppose there isnt a way to delete it until the full blown version of IE7 comes out and replaces the betas, eh?

post-5180-1148083720_thumb.jpg

post-5180-1148083720_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

From the screenshot I'd say you need Administrator privileges to remove it, either change your account to an Admin account or log onto the system with an Admin account and try to remove it. Unless of course the uninstaller was messed up by CCleaner - info here.

i am the admin of my computer. as i said i have only got one account on that computer so obviously its the admin acocunt.

maybe ccleaner did remove the uninstall file.

• 1 month later...

i am the admin of my computer. as i said i have only got one account on that computer so obviously its the admin acocunt.

I have the same problem. Somebody removed the Uninstall file and and frozen right now. I cnad get rid of this IE7 Crap.

Please help

CCleaner will only remove the IE7 Uninstaller file if you have the option "Hotfix Uninstallers" ticked under the Advanced Tab.

I have the same problem. Somebody removed the Uninstall file and and frozen right now. I cnad get rid of this IE7 Crap.

Please help

Hi asem34 :)

Which IE7 Beta are you using?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

gday there,

can someone tell me how i can delete IE7 beta 2? i tried to delete it manually but that wont work. i tried going into the add/remove progarms window and it wont let me.

any ideas?

thanks.

Maybe install it again?

Then try uninstalling.

Maybe install it again?

Then try uninstalling.

Nope. Read the release notes. You can't install IE7 Beta over itself.

This is only for IE7 Beta 2.

IE7 Beta 2 Uninstaller Post #8

Thanks to AndyManchesta, he uploaded the Uninstaller folder for people that deleted their own Uninstaller. Thanks Andy. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)