C Cleaner ignoring Chrome selection to clean

I have used the free version of C Cleaner for a number of year and recently decided to get the pro version. I cleared the old free version and installed the trial version of C Cleaner.  This does not allow any cleaning of any Google Chrome products.  Noticing after a few days I couldn't find any place where I could ensure selected  parts of Google Chrome would actually be cleaned I reverted back to the free version.  However the new version of the FREE download will also not allow Google to the included in any clean - even though I select them.  I also note that even though I've not had Google open during a log on session there is a pop up warning that Google is currently running and I must close it to continue.  I force this invisible Google session to close and the C Cleaner continues - but still avoid cleaning ANY Google components selected.

Here is a screenshot of the latest attempt - note it shows the current version of C Cleaner.  HELP!!

image.thumb.png.3dadd90c729e9c107946ef9037ac5c63.png

Edited by Neil McC
Typing errors

• Moderators

This doesn't answer your question or imply any solution however you should feel fortunate that v5.42 wasn't actually able to clean your Google Chrome! Look around the forums and you'll see that it's been resetting Chrome settings back to default for many users.